MCLEAN, Va.--()--Today, global hotelier Hampton Hotels unveiled the results of its “Weekend Getaway Survey,” asking travelers around the country and guests in select markets* about their weekend travel habits and favorite getaway destinations where they can ditch the inner workaholic and let the “playaholic” emerge.
“We spend more and more time at work and while some people enjoy being a workaholic, inside us all, ready to be set free, is a ‘playaholic’; someone who wants to discover new places, enjoy old hobbies, connect with friends and family and seize their weekends.”
“As summer kicks off this Memorial Day weekend, travelers across the country are beginning to break out their weekend duffle bags and head out for quick getaways to recuperate from the long work week,” said Judy Christa-Cathey, vice president global brand marketing for Hampton Hotels. “We spend more and more time at work and while some people enjoy being a workaholic, inside us all, ready to be set free, is a ‘playaholic’; someone who wants to discover new places, enjoy old hobbies, connect with friends and family and seize their weekends.”
Based on consumer research conducted by Hampton, the following list reports the Top 10 Weekend Destinations for “Playaholics”:
- New York
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Charleston, S.C.
- New Orleans
The survey also yielded guest opinions regarding their work-hard/play-hard nature, the number of getaways they plan in a year and the impact of weekend getaways versus longer vacations on their stress levels when returning to the office:
- 90 percent of respondents consider themselves more stressed when coming back to work from a week away from the office, compared to 10 percent coming back from a weekend away.
- 57 percent of respondents take weekend getaways several times a year, but 28 percent getaway once a year.
- 35 percent of respondents consider themselves “workaholics,” while 32 percent consider themselves “playaholics.”
Hampton is rewarding hard workers through three programs designed to help them get more from their weekends and make Hampton their weekend hotel of choice:
- “Where to Weekend?” Facebook Contest – From June 1 through June 30, fans of Hampton’s Facebook page are invited to enter to win a grand prize of 10 free weekend stays (20 room nights) or one of 10 free weekend stays (two room nights) at any Hampton hotel worldwide. Contestants can register by “liking” Hampton on Facebook and using the “Where to Weekend?” application to discover their top weekend destinations based on their hobbies and interests. Visit www.facebook.com/Hampton and “like” the Facebook page to enter. Winners will be announced July 1.
- Hampton’s “Great Getaway” – From now through Monday, Sept. 5, guests can book weekend stays using Hampton’s advance purchase rate and save 15 percent on their total hotel bill at any of Hampton’s 1,800 properties globally. For more information, please visit www.hampton.com.
- HHonors™ Grand Nights promotion – Book and complete a stay at Hampton or any hotel in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by June 30, 2011, and earn 1,000 extra HHonors points each night.
*Select markets include Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta and DC.
About Hampton Hotels
The Hampton brand, including Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn by Hilton, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton and Hampton by Hilton, is an award-winning leader in the mid-priced hotel segment. With more than 1,800 properties globally, Hampton Hotels is part of Hilton Worldwide, the leading global hospitality company. All Hampton Hotels offer warm surroundings and a friendly service culture that share a common “personality” supported by the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. High-quality accommodations, in-room conveniences and the latest technology, combined with numerous locations and consistent offerings, have made Hampton a leader in its segment and one of the fastest growing hotel brands. For more information about Hampton Hotels, please visit www.hampton.com/pressandmedia, www.facebook.com/Hampton or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/HamptonFYI.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 92 years, Hilton Worldwide has been offering business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,700 hotels and 610,000 rooms in 82 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. For more information about the company, visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.