CHICAGO--()--Statistics show that 1 in 6 women will be the victim of an assault or crime at some point in her lifetime. Before today, if a woman found herself in a threatening or unsafe situation her only recourse was to either hope to make it home safely or call 911 after becoming a victim.
“Think of StreetSafe as insurance policy. It may not be something you need every day, but you’ll be glad you had it should a dangerous situation arise.”
Today, we can all rest a little easier with the introduction of StreetSafe, the only system that offers help before a situation turns into an emergency. A subscription-based service, StreetSafe is a unique, mobile personal security system that combines wireless networks with GPS technologies and a state-of-the-art safety network and database.
“StreetSafe is accessible through smart phones and allows people to take charge of their own personal safety and walk with confidence, not fear,” said Thomas Rissman, CEO StreetSafe. “StreetSafe fills in the gaps in today’s safety services. Using GPS technology we can instantly pin-point the subscriber’s phone within three meters. Combine this with the subscriber profile we have on file and law enforcement has everything they need to respond quickly.”
The StreetSafe service offers two primary features, a silent alarm and a unique “Walk with Me” service.
Silent Alarm (Red Button)
- If an emergency situation arises, and the subscriber cannot communicate the location and situation to 911 themselves, he or she can discretely slide the red button, and the police will be immediately dispatched to the subscriber’s location.
- No further action is required from the subscriber.
- Vital information, including the user’s name, age, physical description and medical conditions, is transmitted to local 911.
“Walk with Me™” Service (Green button)
- Slide the green button and the subscriber will be connected to a live Safety Advisor
- “Walk with Me” is the only service that offers a live, specially trained Safety Advisor to talk to until the subscriber reaches the destination safely.
- Subscribers can contact StreetSafe before they leave their location, and not wait for an uncomfortable situation to arise.
- While on the phone, the Safety Advisor will offer safety tips and keep the caller focused, aware of the surroundings and alert to potential dangers.
- Should a subscriber feel a situation is escalating or needs immediate help, the Safety Advisor will alert the police and dispatch them to the subscriber’s exact location.
“As a police officer, I work with crime victims everyday. So many situations could have been prevented from escalating if people were more proactive in protecting themselves,” said Marcia Peot, Chief Safety Officer, StreetSafe. Ms. Peot is also a full time police officer who oversees the trained security professionals and other off-duty police officers employed as StreetSafe Safety Advisors, who are trained to handle emergency situations.
Everyone can benefit from being more proactive, from college students (1 in 4 women and 1 in 16 men is sexually assaulted during college) to newly independent teenagers, the elderly and those whose jobs entail shift work and frequent travel.
“Unfortunately, the crime rate is expected to rise due to the faltering economy and job losses,” added Peot. “Think of StreetSafe as insurance policy. It may not be something you need every day, but you’ll be glad you had it should a dangerous situation arise.”
StreetSafe provides peace of mind for less than forty cents a day. Several affordable plans are available:
- Monthly Plan - $19.99
- Quarterly Plan - $44.99
- Annual Plan - $149.99
StreetSafe also offers family plans and corporate plans for companies and their employees. StreetSafe is designed and manufactured by PeopleGuard LLC, one of the fastest growing players in the security industry. For additional information, and safety tips, go to www.StreetSafe.com