AUSTIN, Texas--(Freescale Semiconductor will host Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) Americas – the premier technical training event for the embedded design community – on June 18-21, 2012, at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, Texas. Registration is now open. FTF is the one event in the industry that best showcases where embedded solutions are going and how developers can get there faster, better and easier today.)--
“One of Freescale’s passions is to partner with our customers to bring their innovations to life. There is no better example of this enthusiasm for our customers’ creativity than the Freescale Technology Forum”
Since its inception, more than 48,000 attendees have benefited world-wide from the extensive technical training and collaboration opportunities that FTF is known to deliver. In 2012, more than 2,000 embedded engineers, industry experts, executives and ecosystem partners are expected to attend the FTF Americas event. Engineers who have attended FTF in the past find their own unique value in the event, as captured in past event surveys:
- Thanks to the technical sessions at FTF we expect to cut 1-2 weeks off our initial board bring up.
- The amount of information presented at FTF was incredible and will definitely help us to utilize your parts correctly and to remain competitive on the leading edge of technology.
- What I like about the format of FTF is it gives us an opportunity to come and either validate or invalidate some of the assumptions that we’re making.
- The sessions that are at FTF are so broad, there’s software, there’s hardware … so many different things that are going on, it’s one-stop-shopping if you will.
FTF Americas 2012 will include more than 350 hours of technical training sessions organized into seven tracks:
- Automotive – Powertrain and Hybrid Systems, Body Electronics, Driver Information System & Infotainment, Safety & Chassis Applications, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Automotive
- Consumer and Smart Devices – Connected Home, eReader, Mobile Sensors, Tablets and Smartphones, Wireless Charging
- Health Care – Diagnostics and Therapy, Health Care, Home Portable Devices
- Industrial – Industrial Automation, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Transportation, Industrial
- Networking – Network Convergence, Network Security, Wireless Infrastructure, Networking
- Smart Energy – Neighborhood Area Network, Metering, Residential Smart Energy, Digital Energy (Power Conversion), Smart Energy
- Enabling Technologies – Advanced Design Techniques, Operating Systems, Quality, Roadmaps and Overviews, Tools -- CodeWarrior, Tools -- Other, Tools -- Tower System, Enabling Technologies
The event will also feature a 40,000-square-foot interactive Technology Lab with more than 200 demonstrations from Freescale and its partners.
Quote from Executive, Henri Richard:
“One of Freescale’s passions is to partner with our customers to bring their innovations to life. There is no better example of this enthusiasm for our customers’ creativity than the Freescale Technology Forum,” said Henri Richard, senior vice president and chief sales and marketing officer for Freescale Semiconductor. “We’re particularly excited about the 2012 program because it will be the first time for many of our customers to get a first-hand experience with some of our latest solutions, including the Kinetis L series based on the ARM® Cortex™-M0+ core, the QorIQ Qonverge B4860 baseband processor and much, much more. The race for innovation is on at FTF!”
Keynote Presentations at FTF Americas 2012:
Freescale Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rich Beyer, is scheduled to kick off FTF Americas 2012 with his general session keynote presentation on Tuesday, June 19. As a global leader in embedded processing solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, networking and smart devices, Mr. Beyer will share Freescale’s vision for a world of connected intelligence.
Doug Yates, CEO, Roush Yates Engines, and Peter Van Manen, Managing Director, McLaren Electronics, are scheduled to close out the event on Thursday, June 21, discussing recent happenings in motorsports and where the industry is headed.
Early Bird Rates end on May 25th. Register early and save $250.
FTF 2012 Worldwide:
Americas: June 18-21 in San Antonio, Texas
FTF China: August 14-15 in Beijing
FTF India: August 23-24 in Bengaluru
FTF Japan: October 22-23 in Tokyo
TWEET THIS: Freescale is hosting @Freescale Technology Forum in San Antonio, June 18-21 for the embedded community http://bit.ly/hYqDMA #FTF2012
Freescale social communities:
Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) is a global leader in embedded processing solutions, providing industry leading products that are advancing the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. From microprocessors and microcontrollers to sensors, analog integrated circuits and connectivity – our technologies are the foundation for the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected. Some of our key applications and end-markets include automotive safety, hybrid and all-electric vehicles, next generation wireless infrastructure, smart energy management, portable medical devices, consumer appliances and smart mobile devices. The company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing and sales operations around the world. www.freescale.com
About the Freescale Technology Forum
Created to drive innovation and collaboration, the Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) has become one of the developer events of the year for the embedded systems industry. The Forum has drawn more than 48,000 attendees at FTF events worldwide since its inception in 2005. Our annual flagship event, FTF Americas, will take place June 18-21, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas. Registration is now open.
Freescale™ and the Freescale logo are trademarks of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. 2012.