CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--()--E Ink® Holdings, the leader in electronic paper displays and FFS LCD technologies, announced today their participation in the upcoming Society for Information Display (SID)’s Display Week 2012 International Symposium and Exhibition. This year’s event will run from June 3-8 in Boston, MA, and E Ink will host visitors in booth #317. E Ink is also sponsoring the Innovation Zone, a forum for live demonstrations of emerging information display technologies, held in the main Exhibit Hall.
In addition to commercially available products, such as eReaders, watches, mobile phones and USB drives, E Ink will showcase several new products, concept prototypes and new developers’ kits for designers and engineers.
Included in the commercial offerings this year are:
- The NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, featuring a front lit E Ink display;
- Revolutionary On-Cell touch screen technology with FFS LCD from Hydis;
- A new Cabinet Lock from InVue, a retail display security system, featuring a round E Ink display on the lock mechanism;
- Electronic shelf labels and ePaper signage from Pervasive Displays;
- 300 dpi ePaper display eDocument device for medical and industrial applications, in collaboration with Epson;
- The Rukus Solar from Eton, a solar Bluetooth sound system featuring an E Ink display for battery and connectivity indicators;
- The Machikomi Billboard from Toppan, a large area ePaper sign used to display informational and emergency messages including advertisements;
- New developers’ kits from partners, featuring new SOC solutions;
- New SURF developers’ kit, available for sale, later in June; and,
- E Ink developed Active Matrix flexible display modules for mobile applications.
Included in this year’s concept showcase are:
- An EPD / LED hybrid traffic light, showcasing E Ink's reflective display technology for power saving and visibility under all lighting conditions;
- A bicycle computer, which uses an E Ink SURF product to display heart rate, speed, distance traveled, etc.; and,
- A smartphone case, also using an E Ink segmented display to provide on-demand information including time, battery strength and new messages.
In addition, E Ink will deliver several talks throughout the symposium:
Monday, June 4: 8:45 AM – 11:00 AM
Display Executive Keynote Session - Sriram Peruvemba, CMO
Tuesday, June 5: 10:50 am – 12:10 pm, Room 205C
Viewing-Angle Measurements on Reflective e-Paper Displays - Dirk Hertel, Senior Scientist
Tuesday, June 5: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Exhibit Hall B
Beyond eBooks - Jenn Vail, Senior Manager
Tuesday, June 5: 1:50 PM - 2:40 PM
Investors Conference: From Emerging Technology to Market Adoption - Paths to Commercial Success - Dr. Scott Liu, Chairman, E Ink Holdings
Attendees at Display Week are encouraged to visit the E Ink booth, #317, for demonstrations of the newest devices and technologies, and to browse the commercial products available.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the display industry. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic-display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. With more than 6,000 members worldwide, the organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID’s global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, Calif. 95008. For more information, visit http://www.sid.org.
About E Ink Holdings
Founded in 1992 by Taiwan's leading papermaking and printing group YFY (1907.TW), E Ink Holdings Inc. "E Ink" (8069.TW) is the pioneer of TFT and ePaper business in Taiwan. Its corporate philosophy aims to deliver revolutionary products, user experiences, and environmental benefits through advanced technology development. This vision has led to its continuous investments in the field of ePaper display as well as its 2008 acquisition of Hydis Technologies, manufacturer of the world's best wide viewing angle LCDs and its 2009 acquisition of E Ink Corp., the worldwide leader in ePaper. Listed in Taiwan's GreTai Securities Market and the Luxembourg market, E Ink is now the world's largest supplier of displays to the eBook market. For corporate information, please visit www.einkgroup.com; for EPD information, please visit www.eink.com / tw.eink.com; and for FFS LCD information, please visit www.hydis.com.