DURHAM, N.C.--(bronto.com), the leading marketing platform provider for retailers, today announced the availability of a new white paper, “Uncovering Missed Revenue Opportunities,” available for download at: bronto.com/findingrevenue.)--Bronto Software (
“Customers want messages that make sense to them based on their relationship with the brand, an action they’ve taken or an important event, and if a retailer isn’t sending messages based on those activities, they’re missing key revenue opportunities”
The paper details several revenue-generating email programs designed for different steps of the customer lifecycle as well as their most recent brand experiences. Examples include many underused or under-utilized tactical campaigns, such as:
- Welcome messages – In either a single message or a series, welcoming new subscribers can help educate them about your brand, engage them in additional channels, or prompt their first purchase with a limited-time offer.
- Product category messages – Collecting product category interests at sign-up can provide immediate opportunities to target relevant messages to both new and existing subscribers who have not purchased.
- Reorder reminders – Service-oriented messages like replenishment reminders can drive repeat sales as well as improve the overall customer experience.
- Lapsed purchaser – For customers who open and click but haven’t bought in a while, breaking the standard promotional cadence with a special offer can result in driving engagement to the point of purchase.
- Post-purchase series – There are several types of messages retailers can send after an initial purchase has been made, in order to build stronger customer data profiles and deliver upsell and cross-sell offers. They range from order/ship/confirm messages to social channel introductions, satisfaction surveys, review requests, and next purchase coupon remails.
Many of these programs can be easily automated, allowing marketers to deliver an advanced level of personalization without requiring extensive resources.
“Customers want messages that make sense to them based on their relationship with the brand, an action they’ve taken or an important event, and if a retailer isn’t sending messages based on those activities, they’re missing key revenue opportunities,” said Jim Davidson, Bronto’s manager of marketing research. “For example, if a subscriber shows enough interest in your products to subscribe to your email program, they may just need an enticing offer to move them into the purchase path. This white paper provides specific examples of programs, including one from a client who has increased average order value by almost 20 percent.”
Retail and commerce marketers can find more details in the complete “Uncovering Missed Revenue Opportunities” white paper available for free at bronto.com/findingrevenue.
About Bronto Software
Bronto Software provides solutions for retailers and other commerce-focused companies to drive revenue through targeted email and cross-channel marketing. More than 1000 organizations worldwide, including Party City, Armani Exchange, Timex, Samsonite and Trek Bikes rely on Bronto's software and services to fuel customer engagement and sales. Bronto is a five-time finalist and two-time winner of the Stevie Award for Best Customer Service, was named a CODiE Award Finalist for Best Marketing Solution in 2011 and 2012 and is one of Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies. Bronto is headquartered in Durham, NC with an office in London. For more information, visit bronto.com.