HELSINKI--(Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Comptel Convergent Mediation is being used by one of the leading European operators for the consolidation of five operating companies onto a single data centre. The consolidation deal, which closed early last year, allows the operator to more easily manage the collection and transformation of network transactions from various network types on one unified platform.)--
“We’re excited to work with this European operator”
The initial installation of Comptel’s solution to the first operating company was completed in Q4 2011 with the final instalment finished in Q1 2012. After the delivery, traffic from the operators’ more than 40 million subscribers is processed with Comptel Convergent Mediation, making for the largest single subscriber processing system in Europe. The solution, running on Linux-based hardware, is highly scalable to efficiently manage billions of events per day and has the processing power to enable future growth with LTE transactions.
- The operator also selected Comptel as a partner for its Application Development and Maintenance services. For the operating companies involved, Comptel will manage the entirety of their future development and maintenance chain.
- Comptel Convergent Mediation is a component of Comptel Control and Charge. It offers an intelligent approach to mediation and charging by hiding network complexity while linking services, subscriber and payment types. Its vendor-independent components seamlessly integrate with the operator’s systems, including some legacy components, as well as extend to next-generation environments and services.
- “We’re excited to work with this European operator,” said Mr. Mauro Carobene, senior vice president, Europe West, Comptel. “This live installation, managing more than 40 million subscribers for five different operating companies, is proof that mediation consolidation is not only possible but that it also represents a great savings potential for large operators or operator groups.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Control and Charge and Convergent Mediation solutions.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, Comptel Convergent Mediation, mediation consolidation, Comptel Control and Charge, mobile, Europe, subscriber
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.