PETACH TIKVAH, Israel--(ECI Telecom, a global provider of next-generation network solutions, announced today that TMC, a global, integrated media company, has named its Apollo Optimized Multi-Layer Transport (OMLT) platform as a recipient of a 2011 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.)--
- The latest addition to the 1Net framework for addressing our customers’ challenges and opportunities, the Apollo family of OMLTs provides a fully integrated, next-generation multi-layer packet-transport optical system, simplifying operations and increasing return on investment.
- Apollo’s unified approach to multi-layered network architecture simultaneously reduces infrastructure costs and simplifies the introduction of new services with a single management system for all network layers.
- Its modularity allows operators to deploy the OMLT as an optical system, carrier Ethernet switch/router (CESR) or as an integrated solution. With Apollo, operators can time their circuit-to-packet network upgrade path more easily to meet current needs without risk of stranding assets as a result of future upgrades.
- Several leading tier-1 operators around the globe are already deploying the Apollo OMLT. Recently, the German Research Network - Deutsches Forschungsnetz e.V. (DFN-Verein) and the Israeli Electric Corporation (IEC) have been announced as customers benefiting from the high level of adaptability offered along with the operational savings associated with the single box design.
- The Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award recognizes the vision, leadership, and thoroughness that are characteristics of the prestigious award. The most innovative products and services brought to the market from March 2011 through March 2012 were chosen as winners of the Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.
“ECI was chosen to receive a 2011 Product of the Year Award for
creating outstanding advancements in communications. The Apollo
OMLT has proven benefits for its customers and provides ROI for the
companies that use it. Congratulations to the entire team at ECI. I look
forward to more innovative solutions from the company in the coming
Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC
“We are pleased to receive a Product of the Year award from TMCnet. This
recognition reaffirms the value proposition that many of our customers
have already realized: Apollo’s innovative modular design couples the
scalability, performance, cost and operational capabilities of optical
networks with the adaptability, cost effectiveness and flexible service
creation aspects of packet networks.”
Oren Marmur, Head of Optical Networking & CESR Lines of Business, ECI Telecom
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
- Become a fan of ECI Telecom on Facebook
- Follow ECI Telecom news updates on Twitter
- High-resolution graphics are available for download at Flickr
ABOUT ECI TELECOM
ECI Telecom delivers innovative communications platforms to carriers and service providers worldwide. ECI provides efficient platforms and solutions that enable customers to rapidly deploy cost-effective, revenue-generating services. Founded in 1961, Israel-based ECI has consistently delivered customer-focused networking solutions to the world’s largest carriers. The Company is also a market leader in many emerging markets. ECI provides scalable broadband access, transport and data networking infrastructure that provides the foundation for the communications of tomorrow, including next-generation voice, IPTV, mobility and other business solutions. For more information, visit www.ecitele.com.
TMC is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person, and online. TMC publishes the Customer Interaction Solutions, INTERNET TELEPHONY, Next Gen Mobility, and Cloud Computing magazines. TMC is the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event. TMCnet.com, which is read by two million unique visitors each month, is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. In addition, TMC runs multiple industry events: Cloud Communications Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; CVx (ChannelVision Expo); DevCon5; HTML5 Summit; LatinComm Conference & Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobility Tech Conference & Expo; MSPAlliance MSPWorld; StartupCamp; Video World Conference & Expo and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.