PORTLAND, Ore.--(SKINS Compression, the world’s leading gradient compression sportswear brand -- with products engineered to improve performance and accelerate muscle recovery both during and after physical activity -- is proud to announce a partnership with four of the NFL’s most respected athletes, competitors, and individuals.)--
“We could not be happier to welcome Chase, Bryan, Peyton, and Brian to the SKINS family. These elite calibre athletes and individuals embody the spirit of the SKINS brand, and are true role models on and off the field”
SKINS NFL brand ambassadors will be featured in advertising, PR, social media, point-of-sale merchandising, and promotional materials in the new 100 Series product line, specifically created with the team sport athlete in mind. Representing SKINS team initiatives will be:
- Chase Blackburn (linebacker, New York Giants) – Super Bowl champion, Chase was key in the Giants’ run to victory in last year’s championship run. Blackburn made one of the biggest plays of the 2011 season, recording a late fourth quarter interception against Patriot quarterback Tom Brady in Super Bowl XLVI - the lone turnover for either team.
- Peyton Hillis (running back, Kansas City Chiefs) – a fan favorite in 2010, with 1,177 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns, Hillis was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week in week 9 of the 2010 season - the first Browns running back to achieve that honor since 1992. After his breakout season, Hillis won a nationwide vote in 2011 that put him on the cover of EA Sports' Madden NFL 12.
- Brian Rolle (linebacker, Philadelphia Eagles) – selected in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft out of Ohio State, Rolle became the Eagles starting weak-side linebacker in week 4 and started the remaining 13 games, finishing fourth on the team in tackles and scoring his first career touchdown in week 9.
- Bryan Scott (linebacker, Buffalo Bills) – drafted in 2003 out of Penn State as a second round pick of the Atlanta Falcons, Scott may be the first NFL player in the modern era to start at cornerback, safety and linebacker. In 2011, Scott recorded 66 tackles, two interceptions, one sack and a touchdown for an improving Buffalo Bills franchise.
“We could not be happier to welcome Chase, Bryan, Peyton, and Brian to the SKINS family. These elite calibre athletes and individuals embody the spirit of the SKINS brand, and are true role models on and off the field,” said Steve Ozmai, Director of Marketing for SKINS North America. “The 100 Series product line provides us with an opportunity to bring the medically and scientifically proven benefits of SKINS gradient compression to a much broader audience of team sport athletes. Following the examples set by each of these athletes, our mission is to help those with a passion for athletics prepare, perform, and recover at their best to achieve their goals.”
SKINS, a well-known advocate of ethics in sport and competition, selected these four NFL players not only because of their accomplishments and character on the field, but also how they achieved their goals and realized their dreams through determination, hard work, and perseverance. With origins in a broad spectrum of athletic backgrounds – from those who were told they didn’t have the size, strength or speed to make it in the NFL to those who were high draft picks who didn’t necessarily fit the profile of the position they were drafted to play – these athletes all had to fight hard to succeed, often in the face of great adversity and skepticism.
Similarly, the 100 Series product line was created to help all athletes – of any skill level – reach their full potential and achieve their goals, no matter the circumstances.
Available at select Dick’s Sporting Goods outlets, Eastbay, and other team-sport retailers, SKINS 100 Series features a wide range of styles ideal for high school and college athletes and teams. The line is designed specifically for those who want to improve their conditioning, recovery, and reach new levels of performance by utilizing established SKINS technology.
Unlike traditional tight-fit compression clothing, SKINS engineered gradient compression technology applies optimum levels of compression to independent muscle groups and is scientifically proven to:
- Significantly reduce recovery time and post-training muscle soreness
- Prevent injury and reduce fatigue
- Enhance circulation, muscle oxygenation, and decrease the buildup of blood lactate
- Improve endurance and power output
Like SKINS flagship 400 Series product, 100 Series also employs the use of a proprietary warp-knit nylon microfiber construction to stabilize muscles, body-mapped compression zones to maximize blood flow, and superior moisture wicking properties to maintain optimal body temperature during physical activity. Additionally, utilizing gradient compression gear during physical activity can reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) – that stiffness and strength loss that sets in 24 to 72 hours after a workout – and speeds recovery time. As with all SKINS products, 100 Series was scientifically developed and has been independently tested and proven to improve performance and help muscles recover faster.
About SKINS Compression Clothing
SKINS rules the world in gradient compression performance equipment. SKINS is worn by professional athletes and active consumers worldwide including cyclists, runners, and triathletes, to name but a few. Originally developed in Australia in 1996, the brand was designed to take on a massive challenge: create a sports garment that improved performance and aided recovery. SKINS invested heavily in research to make this happen and is now Australia’s leading therapeutic compression brand and is gaining similar recognition around the world.
Bringing this unique line of performance apparel to the United State in 2007, SKINS continues to make their number one focus research and development in order to improve, rigorously test and expand its range of products. SKINS is the only therapeutic compression sportswear brand supported by numerous independent studies published in peer reviewed medical journals. SKINS is also the only compression garments recommended and endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50398325&lang=en