AUSTIN, Texas--()--Barton Creek Resort & Spa, the #1 golf resort in Texas located in Austin’s scenic Texas Hill Country, kicked off its 25th anniversary celebration yesterday with a special party attended by resort dignitaries past and present including ClubCorp President and CEO Eric Affeldt, General Manager James Walsh and longtime patrons Darrell and Edith Royal among others.
“We are thrilled to share this wonderful milestone with our staff, local residents, and loyal guests who have supported us since our opening on September 5, 1987”
“We are thrilled to share this wonderful milestone with our staff, local residents, and loyal guests who have supported us since our opening on September 5, 1987,” says General Manager James Walsh. “We view our 25th anniversary as a perfect opportunity to thank our staff and guests for their continuous loyalty.”
Barton Creek Resort & Spa officially opened its doors September 5, 1987, with former First Lady of the US Lady Bird Johnson in attendance for the grand opening ceremony. The resort’s four championship golf courses were introduced in 1986 (Fazio Foothills & Palmer Lakeside), 1991 (Crenshaw Cliffside), and 2000 (Fazio Canyons). The resort underwent a major expansion in 2000, with the addition of 154 new guestrooms and suites, expanded meeting space, new restaurant and new resort swimming pool. Along the way, the resort has hosted a variety of notable events and tournaments, including the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf (Senior PGA) Tournament, and many influential guests including former #41 President Bush and former #43 President Bush.
In celebration of its 25-year milestone, Barton Creek Resort will offer guests an array of commemorative packages and offerings in a yearlong anniversary celebration including:
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Offer: From now until December 31, 2012, guests who book a two night stay can book a third night for just $25. For additional details, please visit: www.bartoncreek.com/25celebration.aspx
- “Celebrate YOUR Way” Facebook Contest: Barton Creek Facebook fans are invited to share any photo memory taken at the resort, or a photo that depicts how they like to celebrate special occasions on the hotelier’s Facebook page for a chance to win a “Celebrate Your Way” prize package featuring room accommodations, daily breakfast and a choice of golf or spa treatment. A prize package will be awarded at the end of each month from September through November.
- 25th Anniversary Signature Dish: Executive Chef Phil Bouza will invite resort fans to vote on a dish they’d like to see brought back from the resort’s original 1987 dinner menu via Barton Creek’s social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook. Once the votes are counted and a signature dish is selected as the winner, Chef Bouza will add a modern twist to the original dish and add it to the Hill Country Dining Room menu.
- “The 1987” Cocktail: In honor of the resort’s silver anniversary, guests will be able to order “The 1987” cocktail made with Patron Silver.
- $25 Mini Spa Treatments: Starting in January 2013, the resort’s Three Springs Spa will offer guests a selection of mini treatments each priced at $25.
- 25th Anniversary Golf Package: From now through December 31, 2012, guests can book the 25th Anniversary Golf Package featuring unlimited golf, including day of arrival and day of departure, on any one of the resort’s four courses. Starting rate of $265 per person, per night for 2 nights. For more information, please visit: www.bartoncreek.com/25anniversary.aspx
For more information on Barton Creek Resort’s 25th anniversary offerings, please visit bartoncreek.com or call 1-800-336-6158.
About Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Located in the heart of Texas Hill Country, Austin's award-winning Barton Creek Resort & Spa combines impeccable service with its own classic brand of casual elegance in a luxurious setting. Heralded as the #1 golf resort in Texas, Barton Creek boasts four nationally acclaimed championship courses as well as the state's only Callaway Performance Center. The resort features 318 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms, a newly renovated full-service Three Springs Spa, superior dining experiences in its Hill Country Dining Room and 8212 Wine Bar & Grill, and the industry’s finest meeting and wedding facilities. For more information on Barton Creek Resort & Spa, call 1-800-336-6158 or visit bartoncreek.com.
About KSL Resorts
Founded in 1992, KSL Resorts manages nine time-honored resorts with outstanding recreational amenities including spa, golf, tennis and ski. Each is refined yet unpretentious, rich in legacy and genuine in service. The KSL Resorts portfolio of properties includes:
Hotel del Coronado (San Diego, Calif.)
Beach Village at The Del (San Diego, Calif.)
La Costa Resort and Spa (Carlsbad, Calif.)
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa (Rancho Mirage, Calif.)
Montelucia Resort & Spa (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa (Vail, Colo.)
Barton Creek Resort & Spa (Austin, Texas)
The Homestead (Hot Springs, Va.)
The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa (Asheville, N.C.)
For more information, call (866) KSL-7727 or visit www.kslresorts.com.