AMSTERDAM & SAN FRANCISCO--()--AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 128 million active users, today announces the availability of the AVG 2013 range of products. The update includes new versions of AVG’s range of free and paid offerings incorporating a revamped user interface with touch-compatible technology and additional enhancements to AVG’s security and performance optimization products.
Uncompromised detection, improved scanning speed and reduced footprint are coupled with optimum performance to make this AVG’s most discreet and powerful range of offerings yet. The AVG 2013 user interface has been redesigned to be the first security product that works with touch-screen technologies and supports intuitive navigation.
“The rapid uptake of new technologies is making the connected, online world a more complex place to navigate. It’s important that security products are simple and straightforward to use so that people can focus on doing all the things they enjoy while having confidence and peace of mind that they are protected,” said JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies. “We were the first antivirus company to offer a free product to all users ten years ago and in March 2012, we were also the first to provide an active Do Not Track privacy feature in both our free and paid products. With our AVG 2013 offerings, I believe we are continuing to demonstrate our disruptive, innovative heritage.”
- A new user interface that supports touch-screen, developed through feedback from our customers, for a greater ease of access to most regularly used settings. It also complements the new Windows® 8 design.
- Improved performance by reducing the startup time by 26%, speeding up scanning time up to 36%, and a user interface that loads over 200% faster. *)
- File reputation technology that further enhances detection and reduces false alarms.
- A smoother install experience with the new Welcome screen.
- Enhanced and simplified firewall making it easier for users to choose how they want to personalize their settings in order to protect their privacy and identity online.
- In addition to AVG’s multi-layered protection technology, AVG Internet Security 2013 comes with an integrated security firewall, AVG LinkScanner®, AVG Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware and technology to protect against WiFi hacking.
- Complementing the AVG 2013 Internet Security range, AVG PC TuneUp® keeps PCs running smoothly and at peak performance by cleaning the hard drive, fixing issues, preserving battery life on laptops, and eliminating freezing and crashing.
The AVG 2012 range established a strong precedence by achieving excellent scores in independent benchmark tests, such as AV-Test.org, in which AVG Internet Security 2012 and AVG AntiVirus FREE 2012 both scored a detection rate of 5.5 out of 6 for a representative set of malware in the months preceding the test period May/June 2012. Building on this, AVG Internet Security 2013 incorporates multi-layered protection that utilizes signature-based antivirus, heuristics, polymorphic-based detection and behavior-based threats detection with an integrated security firewall and AVG LinkScanner® for complete peace of mind when browsing, shopping and banking.
Yuval Ben-Itzhak, AVG’s Chief Technology Officer, adds: “Our focus is on providing the best protection to our customers. We believe the AVG 2013 range of products is the most user-centric brand of online security protection available, giving our users the choice of how they want to manage their online profile to protect their personal information. With our AVG 2013 offerings, we kept simplicity and performance at the heart of our product development cycle while further enhancing industry-leading detection and removal capabilities to tackle the latest emerging threats to PCs and smartphones.”
AVG 2013 product range
- AVG AntiVirus FREE – great protection for surfing the web, emailing and social networking without costing a cent.
- AVG AntiVirus – for that additional peace of mind, AVG Antivirus offers advanced protection for surfing the web, social networking and downloading.
- AVG Internet Security – this is the ultimate package for online protection, securing activities such as shopping and banking.
- AVG Premium Security – for those who want the ultimate protection plus more, AVG Premium Security delivers advanced privacy controls and enhanced PC performance.
- AVG PC TuneUp® – works to speed up the PC by cleaning the hard drive, and eliminates freezing and crashing.
The AVG 2013 range is complemented by AVG’s mobile security offerings:
- AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android™ – this is essential protection for mobile devices.
- AVG AntiVirus Pro for Android™ – combats viruses and malware so users can make calls, receive SMS, download music, video, and apps, and surf the web confidently, knowing they’re always kept safe.
- AVG Family Safety® products for iOS® and Windows® Phone – these free products provide a secure and family-friendly web browser that helps protect children from inappropriate websites.
All these products are now available for download from www.avg.com.
Visit the new AVG Media Center at: mediacenter.avg.com
For a press kit with logos and screenshots: mediacenter.avg.com/en/press-tools/2013-press-kit/avg-2013-press-kit.html
*) Dennis Technology Labs, August 2012
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet
experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful
yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of
their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services,
users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from
inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown
its user base to 128 million active users as of June 30, 2012, and
offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business
markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization,
online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community: www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797