NEW YORK--(Action America, a not-for-profit, open-source brand designed to unite and activate Americans everywhere to turn the events of 9/11 into positive action, continues to inspire U.S. residents to come together for a day of service and calls on them to be “actionists.” In its second year, Action America challenges Americans to take positive action as a way to celebrate and commemorate the resiliency of the American spirit on the 11th anniversary of 9/11. Through personal action, social engagement and grassroots activity, Action America will engage charity partners, celebrities, and influencers to encourage people to serve, donate, and share as a means of illustrating the American spirit.)--
“Last year, KBS+ helped us build this brand from scratch in under 90 days! We're excited to have their support in helping us make the movement even bigger and better!”
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum honors the victims and all those who risked their lives to save others.
- Wounded Warrior Project implements programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
- Tuesday’s Children is a new charity partner to Action America this year, that provides important support services to children and families whose lives have been impacted by the events of September 11, 2001.
All donations made through the Action America site will benefit these three charities equally.
The effort is led by a coalition spearheaded by Marquis Jet Founder Kenny Dichter and AOL Chairman and CEO Tim Armstrong, and includes AOL, KBS+, New York Says Thank You Foundation, 9/11 Day Observance, and MDC Partners, among others. The collaboration and commitment of the diverse organizations helps create a unified movement and commitment to honoring those affected by the events of 9/11. Action America celebrated its inaugural year in 2011 during the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and gained nationwide attention and support from celebrity partners like Heidi Klum, Jerry Ferrara, The Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry and more.
“We are continuing to challenge individuals and organizations throughout the country to get involved and become actionists in their communities,” said Dichter. “It is important, now more than ever, on the 11th anniversary of 9/11 that we do not forget the true meaning of service and that we come together to show positive action throughout the United States.”
“The anniversary of 9/11 represents a moment in time where every American has a personal and emotional story,” said Armstrong. “The anniversary is a time for us to come together and help raise awareness for volunteerism and service, in effort to honor those impacted as well as helping to create a movement of inspiration and encouragement.”
One Million Actions Strong: Share, Serve, Donate!
Action America calls on people throughout the United States to get involved and become ‘actionists’ by sharing, serving and donating. ActionAmerica.com enables Americans — wherever they live — to become ‘actionists’ through the following three activities:
- Share: Perform simple tasks to leverage social media platforms and build awareness for the campaign such as uploading photos of volunteers showing the “High 11s” (the symbolic gesture representing a commitment to the cause) and tweeting the positive action with the hashtag #high11.
- Serve: Find local volunteer opportunities in local communities, powered by the 9/11 Day Observance.
- Donate: Fiscally support the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, Tuesday’s Children and the Wounded Warriors Project.
"We're very happy to once again partner with KBS+ on this initiative,” said Dichter. “Last year, KBS+ helped us build this brand from scratch in under 90 days! We're excited to have their support in helping us make the movement even bigger and better!"
Actionists can visit ActionAmerica.com, built by KBS+, for more information.
A United Front to Help Encourage Support
The Action America Advisory Board includes individuals from corporate America, government, the media and entertainment industries, as well as the nonprofit sector. It includes:
Action America Advisory Board:
- Kenny Dichter, Marquis Jet Founder
- Tim Armstrong, AOL Chairman & CEO
- Mark Teixeira , First Baseman, New York Yankees
- Lori Senecal, KBS+ CEO
- Kyle Busch, NASCAR champion
- Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks & Team USA Center
- Sandy Montag, IMG’s global managing director of clients
- Danica Patrick, Race car champion
- Jim Furyk, PGA Tour Professional
- Steven Starker, co-founder of BTIG
- Heidi Klum, Producer of Project Runway, Fashion Designer and Model
- Desiree Gruber, President of Full Picture
- Ken Austin, Avion Tequila Founder and Chairman
- Eric Bland, MGX Lab President
- Jake Steinfeld, Body by Jake and Major League Lacrosse Founder
- James Pallotta, Founder and Chairman of Raptor Group Holdings
- Steve Paster, Alpine Creative
- Colt McCoy, Quarterback, Cleveland Browns
- Russell Wilson, Quarterback, Seattle Seahawks
- Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP CEO
- Ron Conway, Silicon Valley Angel Investors Founder
- Marlo Thomas, Actor and National Director of St. Jude
- Billy Bush, Access Hollywood
- Michael Karsch, Karsch Capital
- David Diehl, Offensive Tackle, New York Giants
- Terry Grace Sears, Executive Director of Tuesday’s Children
- Christopher Gravagna, CEO of SpringBase Media Inc.
- Ian Poulter, PGA Tour Professional
- Anthony Scaramucci, Sky Bridge Capital
- Dr. Kenneth Davis, Mt. Sinai Chairman and CEO
- Doug Ellin, Entourage Creator
- David Bell, Pegasus Capital Advisors Operating Advisor
- Dustin Keller, Tight End, New York Jets
- Jerry Ferrara, Actor
- Kevin Connolly, Actor
- Peter Feigin, Head of Marketing, NetJets
- Gary Spitalnik, Chief Luxury Officer, Cabana 5
- Peggy Conlon, Ad Council President and CEO
- David Weild, Chairman of Tuesday's Children and Former Vice Chairman of Nasdaq
About Action America
Action America, a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, is an open-source brand created to unite and activate Americans everywhere to turn the events of 9/11 into positive action. Led by Marquis Jet founder Kenny Dichter and AOL chairman and CEO Tim Armstrong, the coalition currently includes AOL, KBS+, New York Says Thank You Foundation, 9/11 Day of Observance, MDC Partners, among others. Action America seeks to make the 11th anniversary of 9/11 by activating a digital platform that enables Americans to serve, donate and share their support. Action America supports any and all 9/11-related organizations and through its website, www.ActionAmerica.com, enables Americans to donate to Tuesday’s Children, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum or The Wounded Warriors Project, or to volunteer on behalf of organizations of their choice. All proceeds generated through merchandise sales on ActionAmerica.com equally benefit Tuesday’s Children, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum and the Wounded Warriors Project. For more information or to learn how you can participate, please visit www.ActionAmerica.com.