IRVINE, Calif.--(Brand Affinity Technologies' (BAT) monthly ranking of 'Rising Sports Stars'. The monthly list calculates those with the most significant leap in popularity during the previous thirty days and reflects athletes poised to stir up huge fan and advertising following.)--Baltimore Orioles’ sensation Manny Machado has earned the top spot on
“Our list reflects athletes across the globe with raw talent and fan following; two factors that significantly increase an athlete’s brand value on their own team or within their own industry”
At only 20 years old, Machado hit two home runs in his second game as a Major Leaguer, becoming the youngest Oriole ever to have a multi-home run game. Since Machado’s promotion to the majors, he has started in all games, shown his versatility at both third base and short stop, and is batting well with an average of .273. He is already exceeding expectations, quickly becoming a fan favorite and considered by sports insiders to be a potential all-star.
Second on the Rising Sports Star list is Brad Smith, Buffalo Bills Quarterback/Wide Receiver, whose versatile abilities have helped him make a name for himself. He will be running the Wildcat for them this year, making him an X factor for the Bills.
“Our list reflects athletes across the globe with raw talent and fan following; two factors that significantly increase an athlete’s brand value on their own team or within their own industry,” said Ryan Steelberg, CEO of Brand Affinity Technologies. “The list is incredibly valuable for our advertisers looking to find athletes that have potential for making a mark on and off the field.”
For August, the list includes numerous athletes excelling in their respective sport, such as:
1. Manny Machado (Baltimore Orioles): Machado’s transition from the minors to the majors has been notably seamless. Throughout his career, Machado has played shortstop but his debut at third base has been more than impressive, setting league records and positioning the Orioles to stay in the Wild Card hunt.
2. Brad Smith (Buffalo Bills): Smith was featured on the Jets as a wildcat quarterback, wide receiver and as a leader on special teams from 2006-2010. Since signing with the Bills in 2011, Smith continues to be used as a dynamic offensive threat, as his versatility draws time on the field at both quarterback and wide receiver.
3. Logan Tom (Olympic Volleyball Player): Despite coming up short on her way to another Olympic gold medal in 2012, Logan again proved her superiority on and off the court. This will without a doubt lead her to various opportunities both sports and non-sports related.
4. Carl Pettersson (professional golfer, PGA winner): With six Top 10 finishes this year on the PGA Tour, Carl is proving he is a force to be reckoned with and could soon become more of a household name. Carl tied for 3rd at the PGA Championship and tied for 4th at the Wyndham Championship in back-to-back August tournaments
5. Blaine Gabbert (Jacksonville Jaguars): In his second season, Blaine has come through training camp with more confidence in himself and from his coaches. Now, along with a retooled Offensive Line, Blaine is sure to make a significant jump this year.
For the full list and additional details go to www.brandaffinity.net/RisingStars/August2012.
Brand Affinity Technologies (BAT) calculates daily consumer affinity based on a proprietary combination of media exposure, performance, awards, popularity, engagement, and fan base, among other indicators, for more than 45,000 athletes and celebrities. The list identifies sports stars with the greatest leap in popularity over the prior 30 days. A meteoric rise may indicate a standout on-the-field performance, off-the-field achievement, or emergence from utility player to celebrity.
About Brand Affinity Technologies (BAT)
Founded in 2007 by Ryan Steelberg (CEO) and Chad Steelberg (CTO & President), Brand Affinity Technologies (BAT) (brandaffinity.net) unlocks the marketing power of celebrity through unique endorsement platforms, interactive experiences and comprehensive research. BAT's patented Endorsement Platform, provides the ability to identify, license, and activate talent for cross-media advertising campaigns. Used by prominent brands, including AT&T, Comcast, Ford, Samsung and Sony, BAT has representation agreements with more than 4,000 marquee athletes and celebrities. BAT also offers a free digital solution, Fantapper (fantapper.com), which enables fans to better connect with their favorite celebrities. Reaching over 4.5 million fans per month, Fantapper currently features exclusive content from many stars, including Jim Rome, Drew Brees, Rajon Rondo, Nick Cannon, Peter Facinelli, Ashlee Simpson and more. Connect with BAT on Twitter: @BAT and Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrandAffinityTech.