MANCHESTER--()--From blockbuster Hollywood movies, to world premieres, locally made short films and exclusive workshops with international film directors- the 2012 Greater Manchester Film Festival programme guarantees to have something for everyone. "...Whether you enjoy watching films or making them, we want you to come and be inspired..." says Simon Powell, Festival Director, adding "...It's criminal that a city with the creative history and talent of Manchester is not a global film festival hub, we want to change that..."
“...It's criminal that a city with the creative history and talent of Manchester is not a global film festival hub, we want to change that...”
Highlights of the Programme:
The full programme is now live at the festival website at http://www.gmff.co.uk and features a number of extremely special events:
- We will be hosting an exclusive free screening of Madagascar 3 "Europe's Most Wanted" (3D) starring Ben Stiller, Jada Pinkett Smith and Chris Rock (not due for UK release till October 19th) for over 300 school children from inner-city and deprived areas.
- We will be screening Ill Manors, the first feature film to be made by international music success Plan B. The film's producer Atif Ghani will be joining us to talk about the movie, and do a full audience Q&A.
- We will be hosting an exclusive event where you will get to hear from Mat Whitecross (Director) and Chris Coghill (Writer) who have created Spike Island (due for release 2013). We will also be joined by a few surprise members of the cast!
- GMFF will be hosting the world premiere of the Manchester movie Girl Shaped Love Drug, starring Sacha Dhawan, Dean Andrews, Rachel Austin and Sean McKenzie. The film's writer, director and producers will be introducing the film, and hosting a Q&A.
- Internationally successful film producer Leslee Udwin who is behind films such as East is East and West is West will be holding a full-day workshop for aspiring film-makers, teaching them everything they need to know about getting their film from script to market.
- British film director Eran Creevy will be personally hosting a screening of his film Shifty after which he will be talking about his movie, and astonishing career working with the likes of Woody Allen and Matthew Vaughn.
- GMFF will be exclusively screening the BAFTA nominated short-film tour, featuring eight of the world's most astonishing film makers.
- The North West Film Archive will be showcasing Manchester on Film taking people on an incredible journey through our city's history through cinema and archive footage.
- We will also be screening our judge's official selection of feature and short films submitted by film makers locally and internationally. Many of these are exclusive premieres.
- GMFF will also be launching the Manchester Minute, a mobile application that allows anyone to become a film-maker, and record stories about what Manchester Means to them.
How to Book Tickets:
Full details of the programme with booking information, trailers, previews and more can be found at: