MIDLAND, Mich.--(The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW) is committed to bringing products and technologies to the global photovoltaic market that help harness the power of the sun and turn it into useful energy. Dow experts will be present at the 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference in Frankfurt, Germany (September 25th – 28th) to talk about its growing portfolio of solutions for the solar industry that help improve efficiency and durability of photovoltaic panels, while lowering the total system costs of producing and using the modules.)--
Some of the products Dow is featuring at PVSEC include:
- ADCOTE™ Solvent-Based Lamination Adhesives, used to help make backsheets. These products offer high thermal and chemical resistance, hydrolytic stability for extreme panel durability and long service life. These products form strong bonds on diverse films such as PVF, PVDF and PET.
- DOWTHERM™ Heat Transfer Fluids for collecting, transporting and storing the solar-generated heat with required high-temperature stability. Used in the PV polysilicon purification process, as well as concentrated solar power (CSP), these fluids are suited for high- and low-temperature environments and provide outstanding thermo-stability.
- Coolants and Cutting Fluids for the specialized slicing of silicon wafers for both loose abrasive and fixed abrasive technologies. Next-generation ENLIGHTTM water-based coolants being highlighted at PVSEC will offer a good environmental profile, easy cleaning, high efficiency and high cutting precision for ingot cutting with diamond wire.
- ENLIGHT™ Metallization, Imaging, Texturizing and Cleaning Materials which enable improvements in solar cell efficiency, and lower solar cell manufacturing costs. Dow is the leader in metallization using plating chemistry, and these products are used in commercial-scale cell production.
- ENLIGHT™ Polyolefin Encapsulant Films, which are used in the protective layer of rigid modules that use crystalline silicon, thin film technologies, as well as many flexible PV module configurations. These films offer greater module stability, reliability from improved electrical performance and excellent moisture resistance compared with more traditional encapsulants.
- ENLIGHT™ Polyolefin Back Encapsulant Composite Films, brand new products that use co-extrusion technology to create a single structure with “2-in-1” functionality, serving as both back encapsulant and backing layer for photovoltaic modules. These composite films help eliminate delamination, increase electrical insulation, improve moisture resistance and reduce working capital. The benefits can help lower total lifetime system costs of rigid c-Si photovoltaic modules.
- MOR-FREE™ Solventless Adhesives which offer demonstrated laminating capabilities; strong bonds on newer backsheet materials; and high thermal, hydrolysis and chemical resistance to boost panel durability and service life.
Dow is focused on delivering sustainable solutions to help address many of the world’s most crucial challenges – including the need for clean energy – and continues to invest in products and manufacturing capabilities to help PV manufacturers improve efficiency and lower their total system costs. For more information about Dow’s presence in this growing market, please visit www.dowsolarpv.com.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company connects chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, renewable energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's diversified industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 160 countries and in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture. In 2011, Dow had annual sales of $60 billion and employed approximately 52,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 5,000 products are manufactured at 197 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.