ORLANDO, Fla.--(Kony Solutions, Inc., the leading mobile and multi-channel application platform provider, today introduced a new version of Kony Mobile Retail, a packaged mobile solution built on the company’s flagship KonyOne Platform. Kony will be demonstrating its new retail offering at Shop.org, a leading industry event that opens today in Denver, CO (Booth #753).)--
“Retailers must deliver the latest mobile services on the devices and browsers their customers use, while staying ahead of the technology curve”
Also at the Shop.org show, Kony’s Chief Mobile Officer, Sam Lakkundi will be participating in a “Masters of Mobile” panel discussion on the connection between retailers and consumers (Weds, 9/12 at 3:00 pm).
Kony Mobile Retail was designed for both online and brick-and-mortar retailers interested in reaching the broadest-possible consumer base. Kony's retail customers include global retailers as well as mid-tier regional chain operators. Two retailers that recently selected Kony’s platform to power their mobile offerings include a leading retail and online jewelry store, and one of the U.S.’ fastest-growing convenience restaurant chains.
Kony Mobile Retail is a suite of pre-configured modules with extensive coverage of m-commerce functionality, and the only mobile commerce solution with complete support for smartphones, tablets, web browsers, and other mobile devices and technologies. Because Kony Mobile Retail is based on the versatile KonyOne Platform, retailers can easily extend and enhance the application, as well as address new channels. The latest version of Kony Mobile Retail includes the following capabilities:
- Comprehensive features: Browse entire product catalogs, use store locators, shopping carts, gift registries, and loyalty cards. Retailers can drive revenue through targeted rewards and alerts, engage with customers via mobile messages and offers, and increase revenue opportunities through multi-channel marketing. Built-in integration with Facebook, Twitter and other social media networks brings customers’ friends into the shopping experience.
- Complete configurability: Kony’s web-based interface lets marketers and developers create personalized and individually-branded mobile experiences, modify look-and-feel, enable and disable features, and re-organize menus – all without any coding.
- Extensibility: KonyOne applications are easily extended to support business-specific applications and requirements, such as third-party solutions or a retailer’s own custom-built modules.
- Seamless integration: Using the KonyOne Platform, Kony Mobile Retail integrates easily into any back-end system. Integration options include adaptors, web services, standard ERP & CRM adapters, scraping, and custom connectors that can consume enterprise data from a variety of sources. IBM Websphere Commerce is supported out-of-the-box.
- PCI compliance: Kony’s pass-through server technology comes with full PCI 2.0 compliance.
Kony Platform Receives FitForCommerce Verification
Kony also announced it has received verification from the leading ecommerce consultancy FitForCommerce. FitForCommerce verification is a structured evaluation process through which a certified analyst reviews claims and proof points for pre-defined features and capabilities important to an ecommerce website and business. FFC Verification is a recognized industry standard evaluation method.
FitForCommerce recently released a Best Practices study of retailers who have cracked the mobile code and adopted a comprehensive mobile strategy to harness data and drive integrated customer experiences to grow revenue. To download the report, visit Staying Ahead of the Curve: A Look at Next-Generation Mobile Strategies Featuring Learnings from Early Adopters.
“Retailers must deliver the latest mobile services on the devices and browsers their customers use, while staying ahead of the technology curve,” said Bjorn Hildahl, VP of Product Management for Kony. “With Kony Mobile Retail, retailers have the best of both worlds – an off-the-shelf, mobile offering that is continuously updated to support new phones, tablets, and browsers via KonyOne, and the option to configure or even completely customize their applications with the features their customers want, avoiding ineffective ‘cookie cutter’ offerings. With this solution, retailers are empowered to no longer question which channels they can afford to support or be limited to supporting only mobile web.”
About Kony Solutions
Kony is a mobile and multichannel application platform provider. Kony develops a suite of customizable pre-built apps and the KonyOne™ Platform, which give companies the confidence and control to quickly build apps once and deploy everywhere -- across all smartphones, feature phones, tablets, kiosks and desktops, seven operating systems and multiple deployment modes, including HTML5 and mobile web, hybrid, native, and mixed-mode.
Kony’s customers include more than 70 Fortune 500 companies, the largest global bank, and global brands such as Toyota, Capital One, Hyatt, and Huntington National Bank. Kony customers have generated hundreds of millions of dollars through apps such as mobile ticketing and reservations (hospitality), mobile remote deposit capture (banking), and mobile claims processing (insurance).
In 2012 Kony was named a “Visionary” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP) report. For more information, please visit www.kony.com or connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.