NEW YORK--(RushCard debuts its first Spanish-language television spot featuring the Dynasty Prepaid Visa RushCard and baseball star Alex Rodriguez. The commercial began airing on Hispanic television networks this week. In the spot, Rodriguez recalls learning from his mother – who worked two jobs to support her family – the value of working hard as a means of achieving financial stability.)--
“This is yet another way that RushCard continues to arm all of our cardmembers across the country with financial tools and services they can use to better their economic situation today and in the future”
“As a child, I watched my mother work two jobs to make ends meet. I remember sitting with her and helping her count her waitress tips to figure out how much we’d have to spend for the week,” says Rodriguez. “I learned from a very young age the difficulty that comes with having just cash at hand. Paying bills, going out to eat as a family, shopping and saving money was all harder. Cash in many ways can be a burden. In today's society, plastic is not only efficient, but also advantageous and necessary. That’s why I partnered with RushCard to let the Hispanic community know that with the Dynasty Prepaid Visa RushCard you can enjoy the convenience, sense of security and prestige that cash may not provide. RushCard would have been great for my mom and our family when I was growing up.”
The Dynasty Prepaid Visa RushCard is a prepaid card that offers budgeting tools, bill payment, mobile features and many other valuable services to individuals looking for alternative banking solutions. RushCard – accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are – provides exceptional service and cardholder benefits that allow cardmembers to get ahead in their financial lives.
In addition to the new commercial, RushCard –one of the first prepaid Visa cards founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist Russell Simmons in 2003 – launches new bilingual servicing and marketing tailored to Hispanics. Latino cardmembers can now manage aspects of their RushCard account in Spanish, across many channels including a 24/7 dedicated bilingual customer service line, mobile and email alerts, and a new cardmember website, www.espanol.rushcard.com. Prospective cardmembers can learn more about and apply for the Dynasty RushCard, or any other RushCard, at RushCard’s new Hispanic marketing site, also located at www.espanol.rushcard.com. This new website will support the Dynasty RushCard advertising campaign.
“This is yet another way that RushCard continues to arm all of our cardmembers across the country with financial tools and services they can use to better their economic situation today and in the future,” said Rob Rosenblatt, CEO, RushCard and UniRush LLC.
“As daughter to Dominican immigrants who never learned English, I know how difficult it is to maneuver money matters in a language you don’t understand,” said Adayna Gonzalez, Director of Hispanic Marketing, UniRush LLC. “At RushCard, we recognize and value the diversity of our cardmembers. We are proud to offer our Latino cardmembers the option to communicate with us and manage their RushCard account in either English or Spanish. By launching our dedicated advertising campaign for the Dynasty Prepaid Visa RushCard in Spanish, we hope to reach other Latinos who seek a better alternative to cash and traditional banks. We’re honored to have Alex continue to help us deliver our message to the Hispanic community.”
RushCard tools designed to help cardmembers achieve their personal and financial goals include:
- 24/7 Bilingual Customer Service: Cardmembers can receive account information, in English or Spanish, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling Customer Service at 1-866-RUSHCARD. All calls to Customer Service are free.
- Account Information: Real-time access to balances, deposits, and recent transactions in English or Spanish – online, via text and email alerts and an interactive voice response system (IVR).
- Card-to-Card Transfer: Free money transfer from one RushCard to another RushCard on the same account; Cardmembers can also send money to friends and family members who have a RushCard for only $0.99.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit of paychecks, government benefit checks and tax refunds for free, saving cardmembers check-cashing and loading fees.
- Online Money Tools: Free online tools at www.espanol.rushcard.com to help cardmembers plan a budget, monitor progress, and review spending.
- Refer-a-friend: Cardmembers get paid $5 for every friend they refer who gets and activates a RushCard.
- Mobile Apps: Free RushCard iPhone and Android apps to check balances, access transaction info and transfer money on the go.
- Rush Bill Pay: Pay the rent, utilities and other monthly bills electronically or by check; and it’s free.
- Rush Goals: An online tool allowing cardmembers to create personal financial goals in a subaccount, featuring a $2 cash back incentive applied to offset RushCard fees for every month an average balance of $500 or more is maintained.
Prepaid Visa RushCard is issued by The Bancorp Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: TBBK), pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
*Currently available in English. Spanish version coming soon.
About UniRush, LLC
Co-Founded in 2003 by entrepreneur and philanthropist Russell Simmons, UniRush, LLC, revolutionized the payments industry when it launched one of the first prepaid cards. RushCard provides instant access to a set of basic financial services for millions of Americans who cannot or choose not to establish a traditional banking relationship. For more information about UniRush and RushCard visit www.rushcard.com or find us at Facebook.com/Rushcard or on Twitter @RushCard.