GLOUCESTER, Mass.--()--News Facts:
“We love that our customers love our product and will continue to lead the way for innovation in PLM.”
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of retail goods, today announced the company has been ranked as a leader in product capabilities in IDC Retail Insights latest report, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Retail Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) Applications 2012 Vendor Assessment.”
- IDC MarketScape report author Research Director Leslie Hand states, “TradeStone customers we interviewed were using TradeStone Merchandise Lifecycle Management for product development, sourcing, production and quality, and fulfillment. Reasons for choosing TradeStone included the retail-specific acumen and best practices of TradeStone, the product's end-to-end process coverage, the configurability and flexibility of the solution, and sourcing capabilities.”
- TradeStone was one of 10 vendors assessed for the report which provides, “a comprehensive vendor assessment of the retail product life-cycle management applications market for apparel, footwear, and hardlines products using the IDC MarketScape model. Vendors were selected on the basis of estimated market share and potential for growth among vendors with the appropriate range of capabilities.”
- To request a copy of the report, click here.
- “TradeStone's support for a full range of product specifications, not just apparel, footwear, and hardlines, makes it a good choice for those retailers that do not want to implement different solutions to manage product planning and sourcing of the full breadth of products they bring to market,” said Leslie Hand, Research Director, IDC Retail Insights. “TradeStone has no debt and is self-funding, and this is a fabulous sign of its continued success. Year after year, the company continues to imagine and deliver groundbreaking retail and brand manufacturing PLM capabilities.”
- “IDC Retail Insights’ stringent vetting process for putting this IDC MarketScape together included looking in-depth at each vendor’s software functionality, researching market share and speaking with customers directly. It is a testament to TradeStone’s dominance among retailers and brand manufacturers that one of the premier analyst firms in the industry recognized TradeStone as a leader in the Retail PLM space. We are even prouder to be cited as having the best product functionality,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. “We love that our customers love our product and will continue to lead the way for innovation in PLM.”
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Family Dollar, Groupe Dynamite, Guitar Center, Kohl’s, Le Chateau, Macy’s, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite and Urban Outfitters use TradeStone’s solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at www.tradestonesoftware.com and/or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50405876&lang=en