MILWAUKEE--()--Heartland Advisors announced today the members of its 2012-2013 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Advisory Council. The Advisory Council will meet during Heartland’s annual due diligence event for financial intermediaries and analysts, to be held September 13-14 at Heartland’s offices in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
“Heartland created the Advisory Council as a way to gain insights from well-established advisors who work one-on-one with clients every day”
“Heartland created the Advisory Council as a way to gain insights from well-established advisors who work one-on-one with clients every day,” says Dave Ribbens, Senior Vice President and Head of Distribution at Heartland. “As always, our goal is to deliver outstanding client service, and this Advisory Council provides an excellent opportunity for Heartland to better serve our investors in the RIA channel, as we receive invaluable feedback and guidance regarding industry trends, marketing and business development plans, and product development, among other key strategic initiatives.”
This year’s Advisory Council consists of seven RIAs from across the United States:
- Ross Bramwell, Cornerstone Wealth Management, LLC, San Diego, CA. Ross serves as Director of Investments at Cornerstone Wealth Management. His background includes corporate finance and audit, budgeting and forecasting, and governance and compliance. He is a licensed CPA.
- Neil Goldberg, AdviceOne, LLC, Glastonbury, CT. Neil is part of the Investment Selection Team at AdviceOne, where he specializes in helping clients plan for and transition into retirement. He holds Chartered Financial and Chartered Life Underwriter professional designations.
- Aron Huddleston, Manarin Investment Counsel, Ltd., Omaha, NE. Aron is Vice President at Manarin Investment Counsel and Portfolio Manager of the Lifetime Achievement Fund. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and maintains several securities and insurance professional licenses.
- Charlie Jones, Charles D. Jones Capital Management, Waco, TX. Charlie provides fee-only financial planning to individuals, trusts, foundations, and retirement plans. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and a Certified Financial Planner™.
- James Oliger, Wealthquest Corporation, Cincinnati, OH. James is a Certified Financial Planner™ and holds additional designations including Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor®, Board Certified in Securities (BCS), and Accredited Tax Preparer.
- Scott Ranby, Kuhn and Associates, Inc., Durham, NC. Scott coordinates investment research and manager due diligence process at Kuhn and Associates, where he is an Investment Assistant. He is a licensed CPA.
- Stephen Tally, BFT Financial Group, LLC, Bedford, TX. Stephen is CEO of BFT, where in addition to overall management, he directs the firm’s research and due diligence of custodial platforms and product research.
Advisors mentioned are not affiliated with Heartland Advisors.
Heartland Advisors, Inc. is an independently owned Milwaukee-based firm established in 1983 and renowned as America’s Value Investor®. As of August 31, 2012, the firm managed approximately $5.1 billion for institutional and high net worth clients and the Heartland family of value-driven mutual funds, which include the Heartland Value Fund (Investor: HRTVX), Heartland Value Plus Fund (Investor: HRVIX), Heartland Select Value Fund (Investor: HRSVX), and Heartland International Value Fund (HINVX). Learn more at www.heartlandfunds.com.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Mutual fund investing involves risks and loss of principal is possible.
David Ribbens is a registered representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
The Heartland Funds are distributed by ALPS Distributors, Inc.