COLOGNE, Germany--()--Photokina, the world’s leading imaging and photography fair, will again welcome one of the foremost innovators in the industry, Eastman Kodak Company, at its biennial event September 18-23 in Cologne, Germany. Kodak is demonstrating its latest, cutting-edge photo printing and imaging innovations designed to help consumers and businesses connect and inspire.
“We are delighted to be at Photokina to demonstrate our market-leading photo printing products and services, from consumer and retail to professional and commercial applications”
“We are delighted to be at Photokina to demonstrate our market-leading photo printing products and services, from consumer and retail to professional and commercial applications,” said Philip Cullimore, Managing Director, Europe, Africa, Middle East Region. “From our offer of in-store photo books that are ready in minutes, new mobile and printing apps, to solutions for professional and commercial labs, we make it easy for our customers to create a wide range of premium photo products, anytime and from anywhere. We are taking our customers into the future, opening up new revenue streams through leading innovation, and improving the consumer experience. We’ve been instrumental in transforming the photo market, and the exciting solutions we are showcasing this year reflect Kodak’s continued focus on meeting customer needs.”
Testament to its ongoing success, Kodak has recently extended a number of longstanding and highly successful retailer partnerships including German-based DM-drogerie markt, with whom Kodak continues its roll-out of nationwide photo books and personal greetings cards. Kodak also announced a new partnership with REAL and the installation of KODAK Picture Kiosks in its 312 stores across Germany. Kodak is inspiring retailers to capitalize on growth opportunities through its delivery of easy, convenient solutions that enable consumers to create high quality personalized photo products instantly in-store.
DRIVING CREATIVITY AND CONNECTIVITY AT HOME AND IN-STORE
Advancements in smartphone technology and connectivity, combined with the consumer’s desire for speed, experiences and personalization, make 2012 a pivotal year for the photographic printing industry. Kodak is giving consumers high quality KODAK Photo Books and photo greeting cards in minutes at more than 1,000 retail outlets, thanks to a groundbreaking range of modular self-service systems and printers. With the new KODAK Create@Home Software, customers can tell their photo story in minutes. Personalized, high quality photo books, greeting cards and calendars can be created at home, to bring or send to a store and be printed quickly on the powerful KODAK D4000 Duplex Photo Printer.
Bringing further innovation to the printing market, Kodak is providing seamless ways for people to access their images and create great products immediately in-store. At Photokina, Kodak will launch new mobile and tablet apps, such as the My KODAK MOMENTS Mobile App (iPhone and ANDROID OS) and the My KODAK MOMENTS App on the FACEBOOK Site. Both apps let consumers create and print from anywhere, from smartphones and iPad Tablets, with easy, same day pick-up in-store. New KODAK Picture Kiosk Software v6.0 now makes printing and sharing images from a smartphone even simpler, quicker and more exciting, thanks to faster performance and iPhone Device image transfer.
Core to Kodak’s strategy is to create inspiration at retail and enhance the consumer experience within the photo category. To this end, Kodak is unveiling a new order terminal at Photokina, the KODAK Picture Kiosk G4XL Order Station, offering an immersive, high quality experience in-store. With its broad, cinematic monitor featuring Next Generation Touch Screen, the KODAK Picture Kiosk G4XL Station marks a significant step forward in how consumers interact with photos in the retail space. The new KODAK Picture Kiosk Plus Software v1.0 platform further enriches the in-store experience, thanks to its tactile graphical user interface. Combined with the KODAK Picture Kiosk G4XL Station’s sleek and interactive screen, users are guaranteed outstanding vibrant onscreen image quality to make their photos come alive.
Alongside the advances in mobile personalized content creation, Kodak’s API is open to retailers and smartphone application providers. This increases retailers’ ability to provide net-to- retail solutions and enables smartphone application providers to access this content, allowing them to easily and quickly print from their applications to the network.
Through this latest range of advancements, Kodak creates a new category and enables partners to go beyond their traditional photo product offering to capitalize on the growing personalized and connected imaging market.
In addition to these product innovations, Kodak is highlighting wider-ranging products and services that span its entire customer set at Photokina, including solutions for consumers, retailers and the professional market, as well as the industry’s best films for professionals. At the core of Kodak’s comprehensive range of imaging solutions is the desire to help imaging businesses grow revenue and margin by expanding beyond traditional photo services, and differentiate their businesses. New solutions include:
- KODAK Creative Production Software, v6.0, a powerful workflow software, designed specifically for photo specialty retailers.
- KODAK 305 Photo Printer, a low volume, cost efficient and quality thermal printing system designed to offer versatility and convenience to retailers.
- KODAK Picture Saver Scanning System PS50 and PS80, offering high quality, volume photo scanning and enabling retailers and photo service providers to develop valuable new revenue streams by digitizing memories – from photos to photo album pages, letters, certificates and historical documents.
- New professional papers and software for the professional photography lab market, including media for silver-halide, UV-curable and electrophotographic printing environments.
- KODAK Ultra Premium Alkaline Batteries, Kodak’s best alkaline battery, delivering up to 25% more power compared to Kodak’s standard alkaline batteries.
- KODAK NEXPRESS Photo Platform, offering the photo book printing capability and connectivity which lie at the core of Kodak’s comprehensive range of imaging solutions. Helping merchandisers grow revenue and margin by expanding beyond traditional photo services and differentiate their businesses, the KODAK NEXPRESS Platform has been further enhanced with unique KODAK NEXPRESS Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions including gold, pearlescent and neon print for expanded application possibilities. With these latest enhancements, printers will be able to add eye-catching colors and effects to their printed applications.
- KODAK All-in-One Inkjet Printers with a unique value proposition of affordable ink, high quality output and advanced features including cloud printing.
- Visitors to the Kodak booth will also see beautiful imagery captured on Kodak’s full film portfolio and printed on a variety of KODAK PROFESSIONAL Media.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
(KODAK, KODAK MOMENTS, NEXPRESS, KODAK PROFESSIONAL are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company)