DAYTON, N.J.--(Impact Unlimited, the global event and exhibit agency, played host to more than 60 professional event and exhibit managers on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 during its 7th annual symposium, Rethink 2012.)--
“Generations, Inc.: From Boomers to Linksters—Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work”
The event, titled “Communicators without Borders,” brought together three of the world’s unique communications experts to share best practices for transcending a shrinking world while connecting with audiences both young and old.
Featured speakers included Tony-award winning writer, actor, and MacArthur “genius award” winner Bill Irwin. Irwin drew from 30 years of stage experience to demonstrate how body language can be read, interpreted, and used to amplify messages in all aspects of business and professional life.
Irwin was followed by author and BBC contributor David Solomons, one of the world’s leading experts in cultural intelligence. Fresh off his work with the London Olympic Committee, Solomons explained the cultural differences that separate us and how to overcome them in building more productive business relationships.
The day finished with author and speaker Meagan Johnson, whose book “Generations, Inc.: From Boomers to Linksters—Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work” illuminates the challenge an age-diverse workforce presents and how we get the most from one another by better understanding the generational references we all bring to the workplace.
In addition to the speakers, Rethink 2012 hosted a technology fair, featuring the latest innovations for exhibit and event mangers to reimagine the way they engage and communicate with audiences. The fair showcased the latest in interactive technology from Impact Unlimited, including:
- The latest surface table technology that provides multi-touch for multiple users, object recognition and more portability than earlier versions;
- Virtual exhibits that extend the live convention experience, offering audiences the opportunity to visit your exhibit anytime from anywhere;
- Large-scale touch screens that can interact with a range of devices to swap out images and information with the flick of a finger;
- Near-field communication (NFC) devices worn as wrist bracelets or other devices to track and monitor attendee interest, allowing for seamless fulfillment of literature after a show or conference;
- Transparent flat-screens that can easily modulate between showing a completely opaque screen with media—just like a monitor—to totally transparent, allowing your product to be revealed behind the video.
“As its name implies, our annual symposium, Rethink, challenges top event and exhibit managers to reconsider and evaluate current assumptions in order to break new ground for their companies, their careers, and their personal lives,” said Sandie Stransky, Vice President of Sales at Impact Unlimited. “This year’s theme, ‘Communicators without Borders,’ dared top professionals from our industry to view the world through a new lens. And like our previous Rethink conferences, 2012 did not disappoint, placing front and center the challenges we all face in communicating brands, messages, and stories to global audiences, and how to overcome these obstacles.”
For more information about Rethink 2012, please contact Sandie Stransky at 732-274-2000 x221.
About Impact Unlimited
Impact Unlimited (www.impactunlimited.com) creates and manages high impact events, exhibits and meetings and designs world-class interiors and environments for the world’s leading brands. With a global footprint, and integrated creative, production and logistics capabilities, Impact Unlimited has the expertise and experience to deliver your story at the point of greatest impact—live, face-to-face, before important audiences.
Impact Unlimited, headquartered in Dayton, NJ, has offices in San Francisco, Zurich, Milan, Dubai, Istanbul and São Paulo.