SAN FRANCISCO--(Rootstock Software® today announced Ropes Courses, Inc., a company that manufactures, installs and services adventure ropes courses, zip lines and climbing structures, and Miltera Machining Research Corporation, a high precision manufacturing facility, have selected the Rootstock Manufacturing and Supply Chain App built on the Salesforce Platform to accelerate their ability to connect with customers in entirely new ways.)--
“We selected Rootstock because they deliver the deep manufacturing capabilities including Scheduling & Capacity Planning that enable us to elevate the total performance of our manufacturing and supply chain operations. These factors, in addition to Rootstock’s proven reputation, made them a perfect fit for Miltera.”
The announcement was made today at salesforce.com’s Dreamforce 2012 in San Francisco. Rootstock will be in booth 440 in the Dreamforce Expo. Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world’s leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, the Rootstock Manufacturing and Supply Chain App is currently available on the AppExchange at http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000005uSuCEAU.
Ropes Courses and Miltera chose Rootstock’s integrated manufacturing solution because of Rootstock’s deep manufacturing expertise and product capabilities. Rootstock provides a robust yet flexible solution for manufacturers with shorter implementations, lower costs and quick return on investment. Rootstock delivers the flexibility and visibility that enables manufacturers like Ropes Courses and Miltera to connect, share and collaborate driving business success.
Comments on the News
- “Ropes Courses and Miltera are great examples of innovative companies that need the latest manufacturing capabilities to remain on the cutting edge”, said Patrick Garrehy, CEO and Founder, Rootstock Software®. “Rootstock delivers an integrated, cost effective app built on the Salesforce Platform that provides the critical visibility, flexibility and control manufacturers need in today’s fast paced business environment.”
- "Rootstock was the clear winner for Ropes Courses,” said Michelle Liggett, Officer, Ropes Courses. “No other app on the Salesforce Platform provides a flexible and robust manufacturing solution to meet our business needs.”
- “Miltera required a comprehensive manufacturing solution that enabled real-time management of manufacturing and supply chain operations from front to back, anytime, anywhere,” says Michael Blackburn, CEO, Miltera. “We selected Rootstock because they deliver the deep manufacturing capabilities including Scheduling & Capacity Planning that enable us to elevate the total performance of our manufacturing and supply chain operations. These factors, in addition to Rootstock’s proven reputation, made them a perfect fit for Miltera.”
- “Companies around the globe are looking to transform their business for the social revolution,” said Ron Huddleston, senior vice president, ISV & Channel, salesforce.com. “Partners such as Rootstock are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to help customers like Ropes Courses and Miltera dramatically change how they connect with customers to drive growth.”
Rootstock’s new social, mobile and user experience enhancements empower manufacturing customers to transform how they connect, share, and collaborate on the Salesforce Platform. New product features include:
- Mobile: The Rootstock app is now available on mobile devices including iPhone® and iPad® to enable mobile workers (in the factory or in the field) to interact with Rootstock (including functions such as Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Transactions) and to have instant access to critical supply chain information where ever and when ever it is needed.
- Social: Embedded Salesforce Chatter™ feeds enable suppliers, partners, customers, and internal employees to connect, share, and collaborate throughout the supply chain.
- Enhanced User Experience: New Scheduling & Capacity Planning ‘drag and drop’ feature delivers a simple yet powerful user experience in managing and monitoring the scheduling and tracking of their production facilities. Rootstock’s visual representation of work center loads, bottlenecks, current status and ‘drag and drop’ interface used to modify current schedules (move work orders to earlier/later dates, reassign to different work centers, etc.) provide unparalleled flexibility.
Dreamforce 2012 is the industry’s largest cloud computing and enterprise technology event, welcoming more than 70,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group; Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric; Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State; Tony Robbins, Entrepreneur, Author & Peak Performance Strategist; and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways, under one roof.
- Register for Dreamforce: www.dreamforce.com
- Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
- Follow @Dreamforce on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamforce
- Become a fan of Rootstock: www.facebook.com/RootstockSoftware
- Follow @RootstockMFG on Twitter: www.twitter.com/rootstockmfg.
About the Salesforce Platform and the AppExchange
The Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 2.3 million custom apps built by customers and more than 1,600 apps developed by partners in its ecosystem. Social apps for business built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com’s AppExchange.
Salesforce, Dreamforce, AppExchange and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
About Rootstock Software
Rootstock Software® is a proven provider of powerful manufacturing and supply chain solutions built on the Force.com cloud computing platform. The Rootstock solution enables real-time management of manufacturing and supply chain operations from front to back, anytime and anywhere. The company’s manufacturing and supply chain apps integrate ‘out of the box’ with native sales and accounting apps by salesforce.com and FinancialForce.com. With unparalleled executive experience in manufacturing software and an established base of installed and implemented cloud customers, Rootstock offers a better and reliable way to plan and execute required activities, deliver essential information to all parts of the organization, and improve timely and informed business decision-making. The organization also provides the control and visibility to elevate the total performance of manufacturing and supply chain operations. Rootstock is now available on the AppExchange by salesforce.com, the world’s most popular marketplace for business apps. To learn more, please follow us on Twitter @RootstockMFG, visit our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RootstockSoftware or visit http://www.rootstock.com.
About Ropes Courses
Ropes Courses, Inc. has been manufacturing, installing and servicing adventure ropes courses, zip lines and climbing structures since 1989. Ropes Courses, Inc. develops courses that meet the needs of our customers by addressing safety, capacity, easy training of operators, ability to theme and expandability. Ropes Courses, Inc. creates products that the whole family can experience together. Ropes Courses customers include Norwegian Cruise Line, Carnival Cruise Line, Castles N' Coasters, Main Event and Riverbanks Zoo. Our products allow people to enjoy the thrill of doing something a bit out of their comfort zone but at their own pace. For more information, visit http://www.ropescoursesinc.com/.
About Miltera Machining Research Corporation
Miltera Machining Research Corp. is a dedicated R&D facility specializing in the development of high speed 5-axis machining techniques, solutions and products for automotive racing, aerospace, consumer electronics, medical, and other high precision fields. For more information, please visit http://www.miltera.com/.