What: On June 26, Forbes hosted the first-ever Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy to bring together more than 150 billionaires and near-billionaires – including Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren Buffett, Oprah Winfrey, Steve Case, Alex Rodriguez, Jon Bon Jovi and Martha Stewart – for a discussion of ways to help solve the world’s most intractable problems.
The results of the summit will be featured on Tuesday, September 18, 8amET on Forbes.com and in this year’s Forbes 400 issue. The Forbes 400 list, the definitive ranking of America’s wealthiest people, will appear on Forbes.com on Wednesday, September 19 at 12 PM ET and will be on newsstands everywhere Friday, September 21.
As part of the event, 12 of the greatest philanthropists were
photographed for the cover of the Forbes 400 issue, representing $126
billion in combined net worth: Warren Buffett, Oprah Winfrey, Bill
Gates, Melinda Gates, Pete Petersen, Leon Black, Jon Bon Jovi, Marc
Benioff, David Rubenstein, Steve Case, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen and
Marc Andreessen. For more information, please click here:
Forbes.com also tapped Thinglink, the largest interactive image network for business and consumers, to create a digital interactive infographic that showcases the philanthropists’ efforts through embedded audio, video and rich media.
Assets: 1. Videos from Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy:
- Why Give at All?: Warren Buffett, Bill and Melinda Gates, Steve Case, and David Rubenstein (moderated by Randall Lane, Editor-in-Chief Forbes)
- Leveraging Fame: Steve Forbes and Bon Jovi
- Investing in Women: Melinda Gates, Jacqueline Novogratz and Diane von Furstenberg (moderated by Denise Restauri, Forbes)
- Impact of Capital: Marc Andreessen, Marc Benioff, Jim Breyer and Jack Dorsey (moderated by Bruce Upbin, Forbes)
- Great Wealth/Great Responsibility: Laura Andreessen, Drayton McLane Jr., John Kluge and Katharine Lorenz (moderated by Moira Forbes)
- Dinner talk on philanthropy: Bill Gates
- Additional Interviews with:
2. Forbes 400
The b-roll footage of the Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy can be downloaded here.
*Videos are embeddable by hovering over video player and clicking the “Embed Video” link on the right side of player. Embedding instructions and link will then appear.
About Forbes Media
Forbes Media LLC, publisher of Forbes magazine and forbes.com, is an authoritative source of news and information on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership and affluent lifestyles. Forbes.com, a leading business website, currently reaches 30 million monthly unique visitors, and Forbes magazine, Forbes Asia and Forbes Europe attract a global audience of more than 5 million readers. The Company also publishes ForbesLife magazine, as well as 23 licensed international local-language editions around the world.