HELSINKI--(Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Latin American communications service provider (CSP) Telefónica de Argentina, a member of the Telefónica Group, has chosen Comptel Convergent Mediation as its sole, unified mediation platform. Earlier this year, the CSP chose Comptel’s real-time, scalable and flexible platform for easier and more efficient collection and transformation of data into billable records for its more than 130 million daily network transactions.)--
“We are working in close collaboration with several members of the Telefónica Group, and are very happy to build an even closer relationship with Telefónica de Argentina”
With this new, enhanced implementation, Telefónica de Argentina aims to improve its operational processes and achieve organisational synergies for the delivery and charging of its advanced fixed services. This implementation will ensure a solid foundation for managing its fixed business, but will also prepare for the future convergence of its mobile services operations. Comptel Convergent Mediation has already been deployed at the CSP’s mobile operator, Movistar Argentina, since 2002.
- A member of the Telefónica Group, Telefónica de Argentina is the largest CSP in Argentina. It has 23 million fixed and mobile subscribers, from consumers to small- to medium-sized businesses to enterprises in the region. The company has more than three million broadband accounts and 25,000 kilometres of fibre-optic cable capacity in the country.
- Movistar Argentina has been a Comptel customer since 2002. Most recently, it upgraded Comptel Convergent Mediation in order to take advantage of the platform’s enhanced performance and scalability.
- Comptel Convergent Mediation offers an intelligent approach to mediation and charging by hiding network complexity and linking services, subscriber and payment types. Its vendor-independent components allow for seamless integration with Telefónica de Argentina’s legacy systems, as well as extending to next-generation environments and services.
- The solution was also chosen to consolidate existing mediation systems of another CSP of the Telefónica Group, Telefónica Central America, supporting customers in Guatemala, Panama, Nicaragua and El Salvador.
- “We are working in close collaboration with several members of the Telefónica Group, and are very happy to build an even closer relationship with Telefónica de Argentina,” said Diego Becker, senior vice president, Latin America and Caribbean, Comptel. “We believe that Comptel Convergent Mediation will help Telefónica de Argentina reach its aim of convergent telecommunications services and to simplify its mediation processes, helping the CSP in offering its customers an excellent customer experience.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Comptel Convergent Mediation.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, Comptel Convergent Mediation, mediation consolidation, Telefónica de Argentina, Telefónica Central America, Movistar Argentina, CSPs, telco, communications service provider, CSP
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.