HOUSTON--(The Public Relations Society of America Houston Chapter (PRSA) will host PR Day, the region’s largest PR professional event, on Wednesday, October 31.)--
“Treats of the Trade: Best Practices to Empower the Public Relations Pro”
PR experts from the Houston area and across the country will speak on a variety of issues professionals deal with daily in the workplace, and how they can best adapt to the field’s changing landscape. The event will feature keynote speaker Dave Armon, president of Critical Mention, New York, NY, who will discuss how public relations can best adapt in the face of evolving TV news as millions abandon cable.
Other topics include:
- “The Perfect Storm in Your Company’s Crisis Communication Plan,” Terri Larson, APR, and Larry Springer, APR, Enbridge
- “News Media Roundtable: Staying Ahead of the News and Information Curve,” Capella Tucker, Houston Public Broadcasting; Crestina Chavez, YNN Austin; Denise Bishop, News92FM/KROI; Moderator: Adam Collett, Major, U.S. Army Reserve
- “Igniting Viral Storytelling: PR for People Who Don’t Want to Do All the Talking,” Aimee Woodall, The Black Sheep Agency
- “Web 2.0 and the Widening Spectrum of New Communications Choices and Channels,” Enda Logan, CEO, The Fifth Business, Aberdeen, Scotland
- “Transitioning from Journalism to PR,” Panelist include, James Campbell of Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Cyndy Garza-Roberts, HEB; Bob Allen, ABC/Channel 13/KTRK; Stuart Stanley, Carthage ISD; Moderator: Rose Rougeau, Chief Media Strategist, The Kaed Group
- “The TURNTM: 4 Steps to Move Leaders from Complexity to Clarity,” Clara Chorley, CEO, Clarity Unlimited, San Francisco, CA
- “The Power of Integrating Social and Traditional PR,” Allie Herzog Danziger, Integrate Public Relations
- “News at the Speed of Social Media: The Paradigm Shift in Crisis Communication,” Kade Dworkin, Red Alert Social Media, Phoenix, AZ
- Best Video Strategies to Move the Needle, Increase Media Coverage and Achieve Business Goals - Doug Simon, Founder & CEO, DS Simon Productions, New York, NY
PR Day, PRSA Houston's one-day professional development event, presented by Enbridge, will feature the theme, “Treats of the Trade: Best Practices to Empower the Public Relations Pro,” and be held at the United Way of Greater Houston Conference Center, 50 Waugh Drive. For more information or to register online go to http://www.prsahouston.org/pr-day-2012-oct-31-at-united-way/. Early bird prices are available now through September 21.
PRSA Houston is one of the nation's largest and most active chapters of the Public Relations Society of America. Founded in 1950, PRSA Houston focuses on helping members become more valuable to their organizations and clients, and therefore become more successful professionally, by providing peer-based support; encouraging professional growth through participation in educational programs and leadership roles; and promoting the highest standards of professional competence and ethics.