PALO ALTO, Calif.--()--Tello, Inc., an innovative SaaS and mobile application company, today announced PassTools, a new product designed to help businesses build and manage passes for the new Apple Passbook. PassTools allows any business to create passes quickly and easily—from independent store owners looking to create a simple coupon to established airlines looking for industrial strength electronic boarding passes for Passbook.
“PassTools is filling a huge need in the market by providing businesses large and small with the ability to easily create and manage passes for Apple’s Passbook at scale”
“PassTools is filling a huge need in the market by providing businesses large and small with the ability to easily create and manage passes for Apple’s Passbook at scale,” said Joe Beninato, CEO and Founder of Tello, Inc. “Passbook is an amazing consumer experience and now PassTools allows businesses to deliver superior passes directly to their customers using the iPhone® 5.”
The key features of PassTools include:
- Pass Builder is the first visual pass builder for Apple Passbook and lets businesses see their passes come to life as they build them. Anyone—from independent store owners to big businesses—can build passes in minutes by simply clicking to choose colors, images, text fields and more. Passes are delivered via email with a click of the Send button.
- Template Builder lets businesses create beautiful templates for high volume personalized passes. Template Builder has the same visual interface as Pass Builder with a few extras. Once the template is just right, businesses specify which fields will be customized for each customer, and the pass is ready to go. The PassTools API will generate customized passes on the fly—right from any business application.
- Powerful API for building and managing passes. The PassTools API is an industrial strength, secure REST API for creating, updating and deleting Apple Passbook passes. With a single API call, businesses can create a pass using one of the templates they have built, substituting customized information for each customer. There are also no hassles when updating passes—the business just edits a pass or calls the API with the updated information and PassTools takes care of notifying the customer via Apple Push Notification and updates their pass.
- PassTools Dashboard shows what is happening with the passes that have been created. The beautifully designed dashboard displays everything a business needs to know about the passes with up to the minute data and analytics. It is easy to see which passes have been created, which customers have added passes to their iPhones, which passes have been removed, and much more.
- PassTools is secure and scalable. PassTools state of the art technology is designed from the ground up to be worry free. The modern cloud architecture and scalable infrastructure can handle heavy loads and the detailed field validation means passes work the first time and every time.
PassTools pricing model starts at $99 per month with a free 30 day trial with no credit card required. Images of PassTools can be downloaded at: http://passtools.com/press
PassTools is the easiest way for businesses to build and manage passes for Apple Passbook. Whether the customer is an independent store owner looking to create a simple coupon, or an established airline looking for an industrial strength electronic boarding pass for Passbook, PassTools provides everything businesses need to support Apple Passbook today.
PassTools is built by Tello, Inc., founded in 2010 in Palo Alto, California by experienced entrepreneur Joe Beninato, and is backed by a world-class group of investors including True Ventures and Bullpen Capital.
Apple, Passbook and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.