FORT ATKINSON, Wis.--(remodeling firms from across the country were selected for Qualified Remodeler’s 2012 Master Design Awards, the oldest and largest national remodeling design competition in the U.S.)--Thirty-eight residential
From bathroom remodels to whole-house renovations, the awards program recognizes remodelers, architects, builders, kitchen and bath specialists, and other housing professionals for outstanding project design and construction. A panel of industry experts reviewed each of the entries and selected the winning projects based on aesthetic appeal, construction techniques, handling of unusual situations, attention to detail, functionality of space, financial success and overall impression.
Winners of the Master Design Awards, as well as Qualified Remodeler’s Top 500 Remodelers list, will be honored during a gala event on Tues., Oct. 9, 2012, at the Baltimore Hilton in Baltimore.
Master Design Awards winners and projects are recognized in Qualified Remodeler’s September issue and several will be featured in the magazine’s “Master Design Solutions” section over the next 12 months.
The following firms received special recognition from the judging panel:
• JUDGES’ VISION AWARD: Allen Associates, Santa Barbara, Calif.
• BEST IN SHOW MORE THAN $200,000: Allen Associates, Santa Barbara, Calif.
• BEST IN SHOW LESS THAN $200,000: Custom Design/Build, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Gold winners for Master Design Awards
- OUTDOOR LIVING: Allen Associates, Santa Barbara, Calif., and Wills Co., Nashville, Tenn.
- WHOLE HOUSE $200,000-$500,000: Allen Associates, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- RESIDENTIAL SPECIALTY: Architectural Resource LLC, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- WHOLE HOUSE MORE THAN $500,000: Architectural Resource LLC, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- BATHROOMS $30,000-$50,000: CG&S Design-Build, Austin, Texas
- KITCHENS LESS THAN $50,000: AWD of Savannah, Savannah, Ga.
- WHOLE HOUSE LESS THAN $200,000: Custom Design/Build, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- FINISHED BASEMENT: Finished Basement Co., Denver
- BATHROOMS MORE THAN $50,000: Hanson Carlen Construction Co., Spokane, Wash.
- KITCHENS $50,000-$100,000: Jackson Design and Remodeling, San Diego
- KITCHENS MORE THAN $100,000: Keystone Building and Design, Nixa, Mo., and Signature Interiors, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- ROOM ADDITIONS MORE THAN $200,000: Monarch Renovations, Des Moines, Iowa
- HISTORIC RENOVATION: Mossy Ridge Construction, Franklin, Tenn.
- BATHROOMS LESS THAN $30,000: PMD Development LLC, New York
- ENERGY-EFFICIENCY RETROFIT: Scott Wilson Architect LLC, Franklin, Tenn.
- LIGHT COMMERCIAL: TreHus Builders, Minneapolis
For the complete list of Master Design Awards winners, visit www.forresidentialpros.com/magazine/qur/issue/2012/sep.
Founded in 1975, Qualified Remodeler (QR) is the authoritative publication serving contractors who specialize in residential and light commercial remodeling. QR is mailed monthly to an audience of 80,800 remodeling company owners and executives, architects and suppliers.
Qualified Remodeler, published by Cygnus Business Media, is part of the Cygnus Residential Network that also includes Kitchen & Bath Design News and Residential Design + Build, as well as an integrated web portal, ForResidentialPros.com. The company reaches millions of professionals annually. As one of America’s top business-to-business media companies, Cygnus is leading the way in providing targeted content to top decision-makers and organizations.