LISLE, Ill.--(Molex Incorporated will display multiple electronic products that meet the unique challenges of the marine industry at the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX) in Louisville, Kentucky, October 2 – 4, booth 2454. The company is known for its harsh-duty electronics and has been bringing this expertise to the marine industry for close to 20 years. All of the products are designed for severe environments including salt water and are properly sealed to prevent corrosion. Some of the products can be temporarily submerged and used in the bilge, where they are resistant to water and other various chemicals such as; solvents and oils.)--
“We are committed to continually expanding our product offering to meet the demands from an increasing number of electrical and electronic applications in the marine market.”
The products include:
- Hand-Held Wire Crimp Pull-Force Tester: A manual, hand-operated digital pull tester that delivers accurate pull-force readings required to verify crimp quality. It measures pull strengths on a wide range of crimped terminals and wires, providing consistent verification of crimp pull force and reducing potential quality issues.
- Sealed USB Interconnect Solutions: These rugged plug-and-receptacle interconnects feature bayonet-style latches, encapsulated PCB receptacles and overmolded cable assemblies to help keep out dust, debris and water. They provide exceptional performance in high vibration conditions and deliver superior protection against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) on land or water
- Quixon™ Quick-Disconnect Terminals: Products provide manufacturers of marine instrument panel gauges and switches with a highly reliable self-aligning feature for simple and secure connections that offer lower insertion force and greater blind-mate capability versus standard Avikrimp™, InsulKrimp™ and Krimptite™ terminals.
- Self-Contained Power Connector (SCPC) System: A simple two-piece system used to splice and tap solid and stranded non-metallic sheathed cable, providing fast and easy connection of marine boat cables.
- NMEA 2000* Cables and Connectors: A complete line of open standard cables, cable assemblies, connectors, terminators and power products that support the NMEA 2000 system, the industry standard for data communications among shipboard electronic devices.
- MX150L™: An environmentally sealed connector system that is ideal for power and low-level signal applications as well as challenging, rugged and harsh applications.
- Perma-Seal™ Terminals and Splices: Provides an environmentally sealed connection that insulates seals and protects joints from physical abuse and abrasion, water, salt and other corrosive compounds.
“Because our products are designed specifically for harsh duty environments, they are ideal for the unique conditions and challenges found in marine electronic systems,” said Chip Walsh, global product manager, Molex. “We are committed to continually expanding our product offering to meet the demands from an increasing number of electrical and electronic applications in the marine market.”
Molex has participated in IBEX since the conference’s inception to support the growing needs of marine transportation manufacturers. Distributors of Molex products for marine transportation solutions include Heilind Electronics, TTI, Inc., Wes-Garde Components Group, Inc, AIM Supply and Pacer Marine.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
*NMEA 2000 is a registered trademark of the National Marine Electronics Association