PARIS & HERNDON, Va.--(InfoVista, a global leader of proactive service performance assurance solutions, today announced that mobile operator Tunisiana has implemented VistaInsight for Networks, the company’s flagship network performance management solution. Tunisiana is using InfoVista’s solution to monitor the availability, traffic load and saturation of its newest 10-Gigabit IP backhaul network and ensure the highest quality of new 3G and fixed line services to customers.)--
“Built on the industry’s most scalable platform, VistaInsight for Networks helps Tunisiana to extend and consolidate visibility from IP core to the backhaul, providing operational efficiencies. We are excited to continue our work with Tunisiana in their network evolution as it further establishes itself as the innovative leader in Tunisia.”
VistaInsight for Networks enables communication service providers (CSPs) to effectively meet and exceed performance expectations and service-level guarantees of next-generation networks and IT services. The actionable service performance visibility of the solution provides a new level of control over the planning, deployment and operational phases of Tunisiana’s next generation transport networks.
VistaInsight for Networks is able to forecast network capacity requirements based on historical traffic trends, allowing Tunisiana to accurately plan its networks without over- or under-provisioning capacity. The solution also delivers an advanced early warning-engine, enabling Tunisiana to more effectively detect, validate and troubleshoot potential disrupting patterns before quality of services is affected.
From the IP/MPLS core through the IP backhaul and packet microwave access networks, Tunisiana can now guarantee the integrity of its IP infrastructure. And more importantly, Tunisiana was able to adopt a centralized, end-to-end performance assurance practice that helps to better prioritize capital expenditures and reduce operational expenses.
- Tunisiana, the leader in Tunisian mobile telephony with well over 6 million subscribers, was recently able to bring 3G services to its customers only three months after receiving the license. As part of this achievement, Tunisiana’s network team focused its engineering efforts on deploying a 10 Gigabit IP backhaul aggregation infrastructure. While this network transformation project will bring huge benefits in the delivery of 3G services, it has generated an equal number of new management challenges, requiring that Tunisiana seek out InfoVista’s service assurance solutions.
- VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, InfoVista’s certified and pre-integrated service assurance solution, enable Tunisiana to consolidate 5620 Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM) performance metrics with Cisco IP-SLA measurements from VistaInsight for Networks. As a result, InfoVista’s multi-vendor and service-oriented performance dashboards empower Tunisiana to guarantee the fastest end-user mobile and fixed broadband experience.
- InfoVista’s vendor-agnostic service-level reporting has enabled Tunisiana to exploit real-time performance data and historical network trends. With this information, Tunisiana is able to set a baseline for network traffic to plan future capacity across the service delivery chain and proactively troubleshoot quality of service (QoS) issues. Network planning has historically been tedious and time consuming, resulting in little insight. VistaInsight for Networks, however, allows Tunisiana to plan for and deliver a high performing network while keeping investments and operating costs under control.
- “As we began our backhaul network development project, we wanted to ensure that we were building a network that would be able to handle the strong growth of the Tunisian mobile and fixed line markets,” said Sami Landoulsi, Head of Transport Networks, Tunisiana. “VistaInsight for Networks gives us the perfect balance between flexibility and openness to produce the necessary reports to right-size and troubleshoot next-generation services running on our network. As a result, we are able to prioritize CAPEX, reduce OPEX and plan our new network far more accurately than ever before.”
- “This project is another example of how InfoVista’s solutions are helping service providers around the world to launch, operate and monetize high-value, next generation mobile data services” said Vikas Trehan, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Alliances, InfoVista. “Built on the industry’s most scalable platform, VistaInsight for Networks helps Tunisiana to extend and consolidate visibility from IP core to the backhaul, providing operational efficiencies. We are excited to continue our work with Tunisiana in their network evolution as it further establishes itself as the innovative leader in Tunisia.”
- Read InfoVista’s case study with Tunisiana: InfoVista’s Performance Insight Reduces OPEX and CAPEX of State-of-the-art IP Backhaul Network
- Learn more about InfoVista’s unified network, service and application performance assurance technology platform.
- Find out why CSPs and enterprises across the world have equipped themselves with InfoVista’s network performance management, application performance management and service level agreement management solutions.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Tweet this: #Tunisiana implements @InfoVista VistaInsight for Networks to launch new #backhaul network, support #3G and fixed-line networks http://bit.ly/PDdPhV
InfoVista, Tunisiana, network performance management, NPM, VistaInsight for Networks, backhaul, IP network, 3G, capacity planning, SLA, quality of service, Tunisia, network capacity
InfoVista is the leading provider of service performance assurance software solutions for network and application services transported by all-IP networks. InfoVista empowers communications service providers and large IT enterprise organizations to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively monetizing, operating and optimizing their networks. The industry-leading scalability, service modelling flexibility and open integration capabilities of its service performance assurance platform equip 80% of the world’s largest operators and a roster of global enterprises. InfoVista’s application and network performance assurance solutions provide them with the actionable network intelligence they need to deliver optimal quality of service, ensure high-quality user experience, and transform and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. InfoVista can be found online at www.infovista.com.