--()--Univision Communications Inc.:
“regularly-scheduled bona-fide, hard news programs of which the actual news elements constitute the main feature”
|WHAT:||President Barack Obama will be participating in a conversation with Univision News on September 20, 2012, at 2:10 p.m. ET. The event will be live-streamed online in English and Spanish, as well as be televised on the Univision Network and aired on radio Univision America at 10 p.m. ET/PT. This marks the first time during the general election that candidates address Hispanic Americans. It will take place in front of a live audience at the University of Miami’s BankUnited Center Fieldhouse.|
Moderated by Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas, the award-winning anchors of Univision’s national evening newscast “Noticiero Univision,” the conversations will focus on education and the future of the Hispanic community. Each will be live-streamed. The Univision Noticias Facebook Page will live-stream in English and UnivisionNoticias.com will live-stream in both languages, with Facebook’s politics hub also highlighting the event. The event will also be broadcasted on local Univision America radio stations and on UnivisionAmerica.com.
|Univision News is also engaging audiences via Facebook and other social media platforms in advance of the events.|
|WHEN:||September 20, 2012, at 2:10 p.m. ET.|
Main Satellite Path:
|Satellite window opens from 1:30-3:45pm|
|AMC 1 T-16C SLOT A|
|Downlink frequency: 4008.750 Vertical|
|Symbol Rate: 3.5|
Backup Satellite Path:
|Satellite window opens from 1:30-3:45pm|
|SES 2-17K Channel A|
|Downlink frequency: 12026.6 Horizontal|
|Symbol Rate: 6.62|
MPEG 4 DECODER REQUIRED FOR BOTH AMC 1 AND SES 2
Fiber Backup Path via The Switch:
|Window opens from 1:30-3:45pm|
|TF-1 at The Switch|
For technical issues, please call the Univision Satellite Department at 305-471-4265.
UNIVISION NEWS ACCESS GUIDELINES
The Univision Network Limited Partnership and/or its affiliates (“UNIVISION”) own all broadcast rights throughout the world to the Meet the Candidate Events (El Gran Encuentro) with Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama, referred to below as the “Events.”
We ask that you respect UNIVISION’s exclusive rights by not broadcasting or otherwise disseminating any portion of the Event, even if coverage is supplied to you by other sources, with ONLY one exception – NEWS ACCESS excerpts of the Event which are used only for news purposes and comply with the following conditions:
- Excerpts may be used only in “regularly-scheduled bona-fide, hard news programs of which the actual news elements constitute the main feature”
- Each excerpt must be accompanied by appropriate video courtesy credit (i.e., “Courtesy of Univision News”). Such video courtesy credit shall remain on-screen for at least five (5) seconds. UNIVISION's transparent on-screen logo, may not be removed or obscured in any way
- Excerpts cannot exceed three (3) minutes of footage in total in any one newscast; no more than thirty (:30) seconds per clip
- Under no circumstances may excerpts of the Event be used or retained beyond forty-eight (48) hours after the conclusion of UNIVISION’s original broadcast of the Event, and all footage containing such excerpts in any and all media must be erased or destroyed thereafter (i.e., copies for library or any other purpose are strictly prohibited). In order to secure permission to use clips beyond the forty-eight (48) hour period, written permission must be obtained from UNIVISION
- These same news access guidelines apply to use on the Internet or other online service or interactive multimedia distribution transmission. Please advise your affiliates and subscribers of our exclusive rights and these restrictions. Thank you for your anticipated compliance with these news access rules
ABOUT UNIVISION NEWS
Univision’s award-winning News division is committed to informing the country’s fastest growing segment across all media platforms, including TV, Radio and Interactive. Hispanics count with the latest and most relevant content that impact the community through: Univision’s evening, late evening and weekend national newscasts, “Noticiero Univision”; political Sunday affairs program, “Al Punto”; newsmagazine programs “Aqui y Ahora” and “Primer Impacto”; as well as morning news on “Despierta America.” In the last year, Univision has strengthened its news team and expanded its news operations by adding Investigative and Documentary Units.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. Its assets include Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching 96% of U.S. Hispanic households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network reaching 88% of U.S. Hispanic households; Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network, as well as Univision tlnovelas, a new 24-hour cable network dedicated to novelas, Univision Deportes Network, a new 24-hour cable network dedicated to sports, ForoTV, a new 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to news, and an additional suite of six cable offerings - De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson, Telehit and Clásico TV; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for the Company’s platforms; Univision Television Group, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 69 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Interactive Media, a network of national and local online and mobile sites including Univision.com, which continues to be the #1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, Univision Móvil, a longstanding industry-leader with unique, relevant mobile products and services, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit Univision.net