SEATTLE--()--A new survey from Produxs – champions of user-experience design solutions for mobile, web and e-commerce – reveals high expectations for Windows 8 among application technologists, including software developers, web application designers and mobile software vendors.
“This should place the Microsoft Win8 ecosystem front-and-center in competing with Android and the iOS.”
In its survey, Produxs polled a nationwide base of customers, experts and partners among device manufacturers, e-commerce enterprises, social networks and software providers. Responses include:
- The new operating system’s most beneficial features most mentioned in the survey include backward compatibility, quick startup and seamless touch functions.
- 60 percent of people surveyed cited the fresh and fluid approach to interface design as what they liked best about Windows 8.
- 63 percent of developers are confident Win8 can compete with Apple iOS.
An infographic titled “How can Windows 8 be successful?”, and using the data from the Produxs survey, is available at www.produxs.com/infographs.
“We’ve been given a deep dive into Win8 for several months, partnering with Microsoft on some of the first applications available,” said Ken Hunt, president of Produxs. “We feel that getting in early and capitalizing on the improved user experience of Win8-enabled devices will be extremely lucrative for companies in the coming year.”
Some of the survey’s additional key findings include:
- By a margin greater than two to one (50 percent to 24 percent), respondents are excited about the launch of Windows 8.
- 81 percent of respondents indicated that Windows 8 is “important” or “very important” to their mobile strategy.
- 48 percent of responders expected consumers to be “excited” or “very excited” about the capabilities of Windows 8.
- Backwards compatibility is the top concern, cited by 34 percent of respondents.
“We agree with our survey participants that the redesigned Windows OS offers a unique opportunity—a winning mix of productivity, entertainment and social connectivity across a broad spectrum of devices, services and systems,” added Hunt. “This should place the Microsoft Win8 ecosystem front-and-center in competing with Android and the iOS.”
Produxs delivers results-focused customer experiences by combining analytical research with insightful design to create engaging and profitable mobile applications, web applications and transactional web experiences. The company’s blend of research methodologies and extensive design insight coupled with intensely detailed approach to projects produces measurable results for its clients. Learn more at www.produxs.com, Facebook www.facebook.com/Produxs, blog www.produxs.com/blog, email email@example.com or call (206) 501-4310.