MINNEAPOLIS--(NG4access ODF platform – a new optical fiber distribution frame (ODF), chassis, adapter pack, and cabled module solution set that delivers equal front and rear technician access, the ability to mix-and-match fiber connector types within each frame chassis, and industry-leading termination density. The NG4access ODF product family features a host of new TE innovations and sets new standards for managing high density fiber and cabling in the central office, head end and data center.)--In a move that will revolutionize central office, head end and data center connectivity, TE Connectivity (TE) today announced the availability of its
“The NG4access ODF product family embodies TE’s vision of next-generation fiber connectivity for central offices, head ends and data centers”
Increasingly, service providers today need to access the rear of the frame to reconfigure active equipment to meet the changing demands of their customers. The NG4access frame’s user interface is identical on both sides, making it just as easy for an installer to access connections on the rear of the frame as the front. Leveraging TE’s new 1.2mm microcable patch cords with reduced bend radius fiber technology, the NG4access frame can support up to 3456 LC connections per frame – an industry-leading feat in termination capacity.
In addition, the NG4access adapter pack family and cabled module solutions accept connectors of any type, a TE first that makes it possible to mix-and-match connector types within a frame and even within a single access tray on the frame. This eliminates the need to install a secondary frame or chassis solution when it is necessary to use a different connector type. All NG4access fiber cable modules snap into the chassis’ access tray, simplifying deployment and reducing labor costs.
Currently available solutions include:
- The NG4access adapter pack – an adapter pack that is designed to accept a variety of connector types including singlemode, multimode, angled and ultra polished connectors. Staggered adapter pack design provides for easier fiber identification and access;
- The NG4access universal chassis and access tray – a 7” universal chassis supports up to 576 (LC) or 288 (SC) connections. Each chassis can hold up to 24 access trays. A single access tray can hold up to (2) LC12 or SC6 adapter packs, cabled modules or MPO modules, which can be mix-and-matched in the same chassis;
- The NG4access frame – a GR 449 Issue 3 compliant frame that offers equal access to connectors and cable on front and rear side of frame – a first in the industry. The NG4access frame accommodates six universal chassis’ per frame;
- The NG4access cabled module – LC and SC cabled modules are pre-terminated with IFC cable or 24-fiber microcable. Using the LC cabled module, for example, the installer can route a 144-fiber IFC cable to the frame, where 6 groups of 24-fiber cabled modules are terminated using a single click. In contrast, a legacy ODF solution requires an installer to route 144 individual connectors and make 144 separate terminations – a much more labor-intensive proposition. The NG4access cabled module with preterminated IFC ensures that connectors are kept in sequential order, and helps prevent accidental fiber breakage or disruption to adjacent fibers which can negatively impact service;
- The NG4access MPO module – A module that accepts LC-24 or SC-12 connectors and features a low-loss MPO connector on back side for easy connections to electronic equipment or TE’s Rapid Fiber panel; and
- The NG4access splice chassis – An innovative new splice chassis that installs below the bottom chassis on the frame, enabling on-frame splicing without sacrificing overall frame termination density.
“The NG4access ODF product family embodies TE’s vision of next-generation fiber connectivity for central offices, head ends and data centers,” said Jaxon Lang, vice president of TE Telecom Networks. “With our ongoing innovations, we have addressed all of the key pain points for users connecting fiber in a central facility.”
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global, $14 billion company that designs and manufactures approximately 500,000 products that connect and protect the flow of power and data inside the products that touch every aspect of our lives. Our nearly 100,000 employees partner with customers in virtually every industry—from consumer electronics, energy and healthcare, to automotive, aerospace and communication networks—enabling smarter, faster, better technologies to connect products to possibilities. More information on TE Connectivity can be found at http://www.te.com.
NG4access, Rapid Fiber, TE Connectivity, TE connectivity (logo) are
All other logos, products and/ or company names referred to herein might be trademarks of their respective owners.
©2012 ADC Telecommunications, Inc., a TE Connectivity Ltd. company. All rights reserved.