NORWALK, Conn.--(StartupCamp6: Comms Edition, taking place October 4 in Austin, Texas. Phonism, RingDNA, Vsnap and Zello will pitch their communications innovations to an audience of industry leaders, media, investors and judging panel. The event kicks off at 4 p.m. on October 4, with a cocktail and networking reception party followed by a keynote by BroadSoft’s Michael Tessler, co-Founder, president and CEO.)--Embrase Business Consulting and TMC announced the group of four early-stage companies presenting at
“Every year, selecting startups is the hardest job”
StartupCamp is a fast-paced “ready, set, pitch” event that offers early-stage entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch communications innovations of all kinds to an audience of industry leaders, media and investors. StartupCamp is collocated with ITEXPO, the world’s largest and best-attended communications and technology trade show, at the Austin Convention Center.
“Every year, selecting startups is the hardest job,” said Larry Lisser, a partner in Embrase Business Consulting and co-founder of StartupCamp. “This foursome is so dynamic and diverse in their product and marketing strategies. These entrepreneurs are sure to have the audience’s attention from their ability at tackling big problems ranging from back-end provisioning to end-user engagement.”
Each company will get five minutes, and no more, to pitch. The companies include:
- Phonism, a cloud-based VoIP phone management service that goes beyond traditional provisioning systems. In minutes, Phonism can transform the complexities of provisioning into a simple task that anyone can perform.
- RingDNA, a voice communications company attempting to revolutionize business telephony. Unlike traditional analog call solutions, RingDNA uses web-based telephony to deliver real-time CRM data, social media streams and behavioral marketing information to the right person at the right time with virtually no IT infrastructure requirements.
- Vsnap, a more personal alternative to email. Customers and prospects take action about 40% more when reached via Vsnap as compared to via email, because a Vsnap captures tone, emotion, enthusiasm and authenticity in a way that actually translates -- which text and email can’t do at all.
- Zello, social radio for consumer, like voice twitter. People communicate most naturally by talking and listening, not by typing and reading. Millions of consumers use Zello instead of traditional radio to participate or just listen in to public conversations, to stay connected with a group of friends, or simply out of boredom. For business, teams use Zello to replace 2-way radio or push-to-talk.
This year’s group of judging panelists includes:
- John Frankel, a Partner at FF Venture Capital, an early-stage VC firm that focuses on startups that can be the low-cost, disruptive player in their respective industry.
- Stephen Lee, the Head of New Ventures at Skype, where he manages Skype’s relationships with strategic early-stage companies.
- Lynda Smith, a faculty member at Stanford University, where she serves as a lecturer in Global Entrepreneurial Marketing and Professional Education programs.
StartupCamp6 is supported by its platinum sponsor, the Cloud Communications Alliance, along with sponsors Cbeyond, Daitan, Phone.com, Shango and Twilio.
About Embrase Business Consulting:
Embrase is a boutique consulting company that offers positioning, go-to-market strategy and advisory services to companies operating in high growth communications and collaboration sectors. With its extensive expertise and knowledge in emerging communication and telephony markets, Embrase has assisted a cross-section of communications solution and service providers in entering new markets, growing revenues and making sound decisions. Visit www.embrase.com for further information.
TMC is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person, and online. TMC publishes the Customer Interaction Solutions, INTERNET TELEPHONY, Next Gen Mobility, and Cloud Computing magazines. TMC is the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event. TMCnet.com, which is read by two million unique visitors each month, is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. In addition, TMC runs multiple industry events: Cloud Communications Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; CVx (ChannelVision Expo); DevCon5; HTML5 Summit; LatinComm Conference & Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobility Tech Conference & Expo; MSPAlliance MSPWorld; StartupCamp; Video World Conference & Expo and more.
Visit TMC Events for a complete listing and further information.