SANTA CRUZ, Calif.--(Plantronics’ (NYSE:PLT) flagship call control software, Spokes™.)--Professionals using Plantronics headsets who communicate and collaborate over Unified Communications platforms can now boost their efficiency even further by downloading
“Plantronics’ Spokes portfolio lets enterprise users optimize their UC audio experience with handy call control, but it also enables so much more”
Spokes is a comprehensive software product family that makes it easier for people to find, connect, and collaborate when using a Plantronics audio device in conjunction with their preferred UC software platform. The Spokes software call control capabilities include answer/end, volume adjust, and mute – ensuring individuals and companies receive the maximum communications benefits possible from their UC implementation and investment.
IT managers can easily deploy and manage Spokes software across the enterprise using Plantronics Enterprise Manager (PEM), a two-in-one software solution for IT that gives them the ability to edit the Spokes installation file and create a customized package. In addition, software developers can create a broad range of “smart” applications that leverage contextual information known by the audio device (such as proximity to a PC, presence, user ID, etc.) using the Spokes software developer kit (SDK).
“Plantronics’ Spokes portfolio lets enterprise users optimize their UC audio experience with handy call control, but it also enables so much more,” said Bill Loewenthal, vice president of United Communications Solutions, Plantronics. “With the availability of the Spokes SDK, developers can now tap into the unique information known only by the headset, and through applications, create an even richer and more intuitive communications environment.”
Spokes software enables maximum communications benefits across all areas of the enterprise. It is currently available for the following platforms:
- Spokes for Windows: Plantronics software for Windows® helps your Plantronics audio device work seamlessly with leading UC vendors softphones such as Microsoft®, Cisco®, Avaya®, as well as Skype and more. Learn more and download it here: www.plantronics.com/us/support/software-downloads/business-windows.jsp
- Spokes for Mac: Plantronics extends its leadership position in Unified Communications with support for the Apple® Mac OS® platform. Plantronics Spokes for Mac software supports both Skype and now also IBM® Sametime®, giving users an opportunity to enhance their communications environments. Learn more and download it here: http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/software-downloads/business-mac.jsp
- Spokes for IBM Sametime (Windows): A wide range of call control capabilities creates an even smoother and more efficient communication experience for IBM Sametime users. Learn more and download it here: www.plantronics.com/callcontrolforibm
Spokes software works with a wide variety of Plantronics headsets; however, the benefits are even richer for individuals who use a Plantronics Voyager® PRO UC headset. Built with Plantronics Smart Sensor™ technology, a Voyager PRO UC headset can detect user behavior and provide contextual input back to UC platforms. These additional capabilities include:
- Answer calls as soon as the headset is placed on your ear—no need to press “answer” button on the headset or the screen
- Pause Media Player when the headset is removed from your ear
- Lock the headset call answer button when the headset isn’t being worn to prevent accidental dialing
- Transfer audio from a mobile call to your mobile phone when your headset is removed
- Update your presence status when you’re on a Skype call, or vice versa
- Change presence status to “on phone” when user is on a mobile, UC call or desk phone call (Savi® 700 Series only)
Supported devices: Voyager PRO UC, Savi 700 Series, Savi 440, Savi Office, Calisto® 240, Calisto 800 Series, CS50/60-USB, Blackwire® 200 Series, Blackwire 300 Series, Blackwire 400 Series, Blackwire 600 Series and DA45™ USB Adapter (for select Plantronics H-Series corded headsets)
About Plantronics - SIMPLY SMARTER COMMUNICATIONS ™
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology for 50 years, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication solutions to Bluetooth® headsets, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics, Blackwire, Calisto, DA45, Savi, Simply Smarter Communications, Smart Sensor, Spokes, and Voyager are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.