SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich.--()--eQuality Tech, the exclusive distributor for Solutionix in the Americas, announces the immediate availability of Rexcan CS+, the first fully automated 3D scanner to integrate a turntable with four degrees of freedom for simpler set-up and more comprehensive data acquisition.
“Rexcan CS+ can scan small intricate objects as efficiently as larger objects, in some cases drastically cutting the time from receipt of part to creating a full CAD model or inspection report.”
Next generation of 3D scanning
The new rotating and pivoting turntable in Rexcan CS+ eliminates scan targets and allows users to reorient a part by simply clicking on the computer screen – no need to physically move the part, turntable or scanner.
“The integrated turntable simplifies and automates a major part of the scanning process,” says Brad Philip, senior design engineer for Amcor, the world’s largest packaging company. “Rexcan CS+ can scan small intricate objects as efficiently as larger objects, in some cases drastically cutting the time from receipt of part to creating a full CAD model or inspection report.
“Add to that the ability to automate major portions of the scan process with cleaner output data and Rexcan CS+ really represents the next generation of 3D scanning technologies.”
In addition to the integrated turntable, new features of Rexcan CS+ include:
- Integrated blue-light scanning for capturing dark objects.
- Interchangeable lens sets of 100 mm, 200 mm and 400 mm with automatic calibration for different fields of view.
- Ability to generate scan paths by simply clicking on the model, dramatically reducing subsequent prep and scanning time for production part approval process (PPAP), first-article inspection, gage R&R and any other type of repetitive scanning.
- Fully automated scanning for small- and medium-sized parts: Mount the part on the turntable, select a pre-defined macro and walk away.
- Flexibility to scan larger parts using a tri-pod and target registration.
- ezScan software for data acquisition and Geomagic Qualify for automated inspection analysis provided at no extra cost.
“The Rexcan CS+, together with Geomagic Qualify or Studio software, provides an unmatched combination of automation, flexibility, accuracy and simplicity,” says Srdjan Urosev, president and CEO of eQuality Tech. “Eliminating targets, streamlining scanning with the four-way turntable, and comprehensive automation in Rexcan CS+ can reduce data acquisition and processing time by 50 percent.”
About eQuality Tech
eQuality Tech (http://www.eqtinc.com/) uses its expertise in 3D scanning, reverse engineering, engineering analysis and virtual quality control to increase productivity for clients in industrial, dental, automotive, aerospace and consumer product industries. To contact eQuality Tech, e-mail email@example.com or phone 248-247-3800.
Images available upon request.