MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis.--(Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) is offering nostalgic children’s stories and gifts this holiday season with delightful and affordable books and plush toys that will be treasured by families for years to come. This holiday season, Kohl’s offers exclusive hardcover editions of classic stories illustrated by Charles Santore including The Wizard of Oz, The Night Before Christmas, The Velveteen Rabbit, Aesop’s Fables and William the Curious along with coordinating plush toys for just $5 each through the Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise program. Since the program’s inception in 2000, the Kohl’s Cares philanthropic program has raised more than $208 million for children’s health and education programs in local communities across the country.)--
“In the spirit of the season of giving, the Kohl’s Cares program is a lovely way for our customers to find affordable, quality gifts that make everlasting memories and give back to the community.”
“This holiday season, Kohl’s invites everyone to enjoy the wonder of America’s favorite children’s stories which will bring smiles to the faces of both readers and listeners as they flip through the elaborate illustrations from Charles Santore. The classic storybooks along with the coordinating plush toys are a dream gift and a true value for every budget at just $5 each,” said Julie Gardner, Kohl’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer. “In the spirit of the season of giving, the Kohl’s Cares program is a lovely way for our customers to find affordable, quality gifts that make everlasting memories and give back to the community.”
“As readers both young and young at heart embark on fun-filled journeys with the characters from the Kohl’s Cares holiday collection, I hope my illustrations serve as a jumping off point for their imaginations while bringing families together this holiday season,” said illustrator Charles Santore. “It is an absolute honor to be a part of such a positive program doing good works for children in communities nationwide.”
Kids and parents alike will cherish the time spent snuggling up with these nostalgic storybooks, and everyone can feel good knowing that Kohl’s donates 100 percent of the net profit to children’s health and education initiatives nationwide.
Kohl’s Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
- The Wizard of Oz and Toto plush: Join Dorothy and her friends as they follow the Yellow Brick Road on an unforgettable journey from Dorothy’s home in Kansas to the streets of Munchkin Land, Emerald City and the ruby-red throne room of Glinda the Good Witch.
- The Night Before Christmas and Reindeer plush: Visions of sugar plums will dance through your head once you share the magic of this classic holiday story with the ones you love most. Make this story a part of your Christmas traditions for years to come.
- The Velveteen Rabbit and Rabbit plush: Enjoy the tale of a snuggly velveteen rabbit and his journey to become real through the love of his owner. The story will come to life when paired with the adorable coordinating plush.
- Aesop’s Fables and Owl plush: This celebrated collection of fables is entertaining to both adults and children as the simple tales embody powerful lessons and truths.
- (Online Exclusive) William the Curious and Frog plush: Readers of all ages will cheer as one tiny yet very brave frog named William shows The Queen of the Land of Far and Wide that nature, in and of itself, is perfect in her quest to create the perfect land. Available exclusively at Kohls.com.
Kohl’s Cares Cause Merchandise for Grown-Ups
- Holiday Cookbooks: Holiday bakers will enjoy testing out new recipes from Good Housekeeping’s Christmas Cookies: 65 Recipes for Classic & New Holiday Treats and Chocolate! Favorite Recipes for Cakes, Cookies and Pies. A perfect hostess gift for holiday parties and festivities.
- Holiday CD: Get into the holiday spirit with the sounds of this year’s CD Best of the Best - Christmas Compilation. Grab one for the car, the home and the office to spread the holiday cheer!
In addition to the merchandise program, Kohl's Cares® features a scholarship program, which recognizes more than 2,200 young volunteers each year with scholarships and prizes; the Associates in Action program, which encourages associate volunteerism and has donated more than $47 million to youth-focused nonprofit organizations to date; and fundraising gift cards for schools and youth-serving nonprofit organizations. For more information, visit www.kohlscorporation.com.
About Kohl's Department Stores
Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohl’s operates 1,146 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohl’s has raised more than $208 million for children’s initiatives nationwide through its Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, or join the discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kohls or Twitter http://twitter.com/Kohls.