NEW YORK & PLEASANTON, Calif.--(ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced key enhancements to its flagship network monitoring software (NMS), OpManager, as well as to its network configuration and change management (NCCM) solution, DeviceExpert, and enterprise password management software, Password Manager Pro. The company will showcase the upgrades along with the rest of its integrated IT management portfolio in booth #431 at Interop New York, being held October 1-5, 2012, at Javits Center in New York City.)--Interop —
“Administrators running networks with enterprise-grade SLAs need real-time device details and workflow-driven automation capabilities. In addition, with cyber-threats looming large, it has become absolutely essential to track what users are doing with their privileged access. OpManager, DeviceExpert and Password Manger Pro have been enhanced with these industry requirements in mind.”
Modern enterprises depend on network availability for business continuity. Even a few minutes of network downtime can have a ripple effect on revenue streams as critical business services get affected. As a result, IT organizations must monitor the performance of IT infrastructure in real time and troubleshoot any network problems quickly and precisely to optimize network uptime and business operations. These demands are driving the evolution of IT management solutions that fuse network monitoring and NCCM in a way that supports automation in conjunction with alerts, events and workflows.
“IT organizations, especially those in big enterprises, want to monitor the performance of their IT infrastructure every second as downtime costs can exceed $1 million in fields like manufacturing,” said Raj Sabhlok, president of ManageEngine. “Administrators running networks with enterprise-grade SLAs need real-time device details and workflow-driven automation capabilities. In addition, with cyber-threats looming large, it has become absolutely essential to track what users are doing with their privileged access. OpManager, DeviceExpert and Password Manger Pro have been enhanced with these industry requirements in mind.”
ManageEngine Highlights at Interop New York
At Interop New York, ManageEngine will demonstrate the latest enhancements to its network monitoring, NCCM and password management solutions, including:
- Real-time performance monitoring (beta) in OpManager – OpManager now includes an agent that monitors Windows services, processes and event logs of mission-critical applications such as Exchange, SQL and IIS, in real time. In turn, any fault or performance issue immediately raises an alarm in OpManager to help identify IT issues the moment they arise and troubleshoot as soon as possible. OpManager is the first enterprise network monitoring product outside of HP, IBM and CA software to offer per-second monitoring. Agents for Linux and Mac will be added later.
- Workflow-driven network automation (beta) in OpManager – The OpManager NCM plug-in now communicates with the OpManager workflow engine to automate NCCM actions. When an OpManager alarm is raised, the NCM plug-in enables OpManager to automatically perform tasks such as manage inventory, backup device configurations, and more. The workflow automation for NCCM significantly accelerates remediation and brings affordable network automation to enterprises.
- Consolidated NCCM in DeviceExpert – New REST APIs enable third-party software to directly integrate with DeviceExpert and add, access and extract data. Moreover, the APIs facilitate DeviceExpert integration with an enterprise Configuration Management Database (CMDB), so users can leverage network monitoring, configuration management, and change control in complete alignment with the enterprise CMDB, keeping it up to date with respect to device configurations.
- Privileged session recording in Password Manager Pro (beta) – Privileged sessions launched from Password Manager Pro can now be video recorded, archived and played back to support forensic audits. By monitoring all actions performed by privileged accounts during privileged sessions, enterprises can counter threats to information security that arise from outside as well as inside the corporate firewall.
Pricing and Availability
Real-time performance monitoring is available immediately in the latest release of OpManager. Network automation is available immediately in the beta release of the latest NCM plug-in for OpManager. OpManager users can download the beta version via the OpManager beta program. OpManager Enterprise Edition prices start at $16,495 for 500 devices. The NCM plug-in starts at $795 for 10 devices. Download OpManager at http://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/download.html.
REST APIs are available immediately in DeviceExpert 5.8 with prices starting at $795. DeviceExpert is available for download at http://www.manageengine.com/products/device-expert/download.html. A fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download.
Privileged session recording is available immediately in the beta release of Password Manager Pro 6.7. In addition to a Free Edition and a fully functional, free 30-day evaluation edition, Password Manager Pro is available in paid editions with prices starting at $495 per year. All editions can be downloaded at http://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/download.html.
For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
Related ManageEngine Resources
- OpManager Real-Time Monitoring Demo: http://realtimedemo.opmanager.com/
- Case study: World's Largest Virtualization Platform Provider Relies on Password Manager Pro http://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/virtualization-case-study-request.html
Related ManageEngine News
- IT Customers Weather “Summer of Hackers” Protected by ManageEngine Password Manager Pro; http://ow.ly/d7F7o
- ManageEngine Ships OpManager 9.2 Network Monitoring Platform; http://ow.ly/c97iJ
- ManageEngine Adds Device End-of-Life Management to DeviceExpert; http://ow.ly/8vznN
About ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is complete, end-to-end network monitoring software that offers customizable dashboards and advanced fault and performance management functionality across critical IT resources such as routers, WAN links, switches, firewalls, VoIP call paths, physical servers, virtual servers, domain controllers and other IT infrastructure devices. For more information on ManageEngine OpManager, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/opmanager.
About ManageEngine DeviceExpert
ManageEngine DeviceExpert is a web–based, multi-vendor Network Configuration and Change Management (NCCM) solution for switches, routers, firewalls and other network devices. Trusted by thousands of network administrators around the world, DeviceExpert helps automate and take total control of the entire lifecycle of device configuration management. For more information on DeviceExpert, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/device-expert.
About ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises. The benefits of deploying Password Manager Pro include eliminating password fatigue and security lapses by deploying a secure, centralized vault for password storage and access; improving IT productivity many times by automating frequent password changes required in critical systems; providing preventive and detective security controls through approval workflows and real-time alerts on password access; and meeting security audits and regulatory compliance such as SOX, HIPAA and PCI. For more information on Password Manager Pro, visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 60,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: ManageEngine, real-time IT, Zoho, OpManager, DeviceExpert, Password Manager Pro, password management, network monitoring, NCCM, network configuration and change management, device configuration management, integrated IT management, cloud monitoring, virtualization, cloud, IT management, business service management, application performance monitoring, user experience monitoring, network management, server management