WASHINGTON--()--Treliant Risk Advisors has broadened its capabilities with the hiring of ten new experts in key domains of regulatory compliance, mortgage market, and enterprise risk management, along with loan review and litigation support, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML), fair lending, and privacy – continuing the strategic expansion of its advisory capacity in areas of growing need in today’s financial services industry.
“Expanding our already impressive team with such highly-qualified individuals is a source of pride for us”
“We warmly welcome our newest colleagues as we continue to grow and diversify our team,” said Treliant CEO Andrew L. Sandler. “Our growth is a direct response to the needs of our financial services clients. The strong, relevant financial services, government, and corporate experience of these individuals, coupled with their superb advisory skills, will certainly benefit our clients.”
Joining the firm are the following:
- Jane Jensen Gell, Senior Advisor, is expert in consumer financial services law, regulation, compliance, and risk management. As a former senior regulator at the Federal Reserve Board and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for over 20 years, Jane specializes in advising clients about emerging financial services issues and risks. Among other positions, she is past Managing Counsel in the Federal Reserve Board’s division responsible for writing and interpreting the regulations implementing consumer financial services and fair lending laws.
- Charles E. (Rick) Russell, Senior Advisor, is a veteran consumer financial services attorney with 25 years of experience as in-house counsel to loan servicers and originators, most recently as Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel of Nationstar Mortgage, a national mortgage servicer and lender based in Texas. He specializes in both regulatory compliance and litigation management.
- Robert C. Birmingham III, Director, is a subject matter expert in fair lending, residential lending, mortgage servicing, loan modification, and loss mitigation. Bob is a seasoned consumer compliance professional and former bank examiner with experience across multiple regulatory agencies, including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Farrell Bloch, Director, is an economic and statistical specialist in fair lending and related compliance matters. Farrell has led his own consulting firm, having begun his career in academia and served in several government agencies, most recently in the Housing Section of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division.
- Michael D. Drew, Director, has spent 20 years in program, project, and product management within banks, brokerage houses, and consulting firms, most recently as Director of Project Management at Capital One. He specializes in business transformation, process improvement, reengineering of operations, systems integration, risk management, and revenue optimization for financial institutions.
- David Everest, Manager, specializes in process improvements, information security, and operational risk. David has experience in major data center re-location and outsourcing initiatives, as well as developing a corporate-wide payment card compliance program, leading related audits, and overseeing the development of its policies and procedures at a large financial institution.
- Karl R. Moore, Manager, brings expertise in transactional and operational risk management services for institutional investors and corporate clients, assisting with complex challenges related to mortgage servicing issues and the foreclosure process. He was most recently an Investment Analyst with the alternative asset management firm Summit Private Investments.
- Patrick Norman, Manager, is an attorney, project manager, and electronic discovery expert with over 20 years of experience. He has provided electronic discovery support to major legal and consulting firms, having worked on large e-Discovery and litigation support matters.
- Bill Young, Manager, has expertise in analyzing regional and community banks, as well as assessing capital and liquidity, credit and operational risk management, mergers and acquisitions, and overall corporate strategy. His Wall Street and corporate finance positions in Fortune 500 and international financial organizations have included Vice President at Macquarie Capital.
- JC Mendoza, Consultant, is an experienced bank analyst with proficiency in the areas of corporate finance, corporate treasury, and regulatory capital. JC has held positions including Vice President in Bank of America Corp.’s Enterprise Capital Management Group.
“Expanding our already impressive team with such highly-qualified individuals is a source of pride for us,” said Mark W. Olson, Co-Chair of Treliant Risk Advisors. “Having such outstanding professionals enables us to provide our clients with the sound advice they need for managing risk, meeting regulatory requirements, and improving business outcomes in today’s complex regulatory environment.”
About Treliant Risk Advisors
Treliant Risk Advisors, headquartered in Washington, DC and with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Rosslyn, VA is a multi-disciplinary compliance, risk management, and strategic advisory firm for the financial services industry. With a strong team of highly experienced executives who have held senior positions in Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies, Treliant Risk Advisors provides its clients with critical advice and solutions. Services include: regulatory compliance, risk management, compliance efficiency and integration, loan review and litigation support, foreclosure practices review, business consulting, acquisition strategy, crisis management, corporate governance, due diligence, portfolio evaluation, financial analysis, and litigation expert sourcing. For more information, visit www.treliant.com.