LONDON & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(SOASTA, the leader in cloud and mobile testing, today announced mPulse, the first and only RUM data analysis solution to deliver real-time information based on actual mobile user behavior. Previous tools failed to capture the real mobile users experience and collected data about the past, not the present. mPulse instantly delivers actionable intelligence to operations and marketing professionals.)--Velocity Europe --
“I've been saying for years that real user measurement (RUM) is the best way to measure web performance”
"I've been saying for years that real user measurement (RUM) is the best way to measure web performance,” said Steve Souders, Head Performance Engineer at Google. “RUM tells the whole story across all browsers and locations, in a way that works for both mobile and desktop users."
mPulse captures performance metrics such as bandwidth and page load time as well as engagement metrics like bounce, exit and conversion rates. Mobile user metrics like user location, device type, carrier speed, and application usage complete the total perspective. mPulse presents actionable views via the industry’s first interactive in-memory monitoring dashboard. Users are provided a second-by-second view of real user activity broken down by continent, region, country or city. Business, development, test and operations teams gain the real user intelligence needed to correlate the impact of performance on the bottom line, take immediate action as needed, and feed critical information back into the development lifecycle.
“Understanding mobile application issues will be critical to successful deployment of both business to consumer and business to business applications on devices,” said Thomas Murphy, Gartner research director. “Organizations can’t just leave it to testing, Real User Measurement of deployed applications will provide critical real-time data that leads to improved collaboration across teams to resolve issues faster and drive customer satisfaction.”
“We created mPulse because traditional solutions don’t provide the detailed, real-time analytics required to deliver the actionable intelligence that includes mobile user activity,” said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA’s CEO. “Technical professionals and business managers need a comprehensive solution to test, monitor and measure real user behavior to ensure customers get the most out of their app or site – whether it’s mobile, on the web, or both. With mPulse, operations managers and business leaders collaborate with a common view of user behavior, empowering them to make informed decisions, pinpoint areas needing improvement and take the necessary steps to improve their web and mobile applications.”
- Real-Time Activity - SOASTA's patented analytics give you the insight to react before your users do. Using the harnessed power of the cloud, information is delivered within seconds of real-time. You've never been closer to the event than now.
- Real User Measurement - Measurement of real user experience of your site, native or hybrid mobile application is at the core of mPulse. Using the latest in RUM for both mobile and web applications, you are quickly provided with the richest data set imaginable.
- Compelling Data Visualization - Whether you're Development, Operations, Marketing or Finance, you need tools and dashboards that are intuitive. Using WebGL libraries and other powerful data visualization sources, mPulse redefines the traditional dashboard.
- Powerful Role-Based Alerting - The ability to customize alerts based on the dimensions you choose is critical. Whether it’s an increase in users bounce rate or falling mobile downloads, with mPulse you get immediate alerts with no false positives.
- Total View - Building on SOASTA's proven ability to integrate with other services and offerings, mPulse gives you the ability to see what is happening from the real mobile device through the data center. Knowing that different monitoring solutions work for different people, mPulse works with your favorite monitoring solutions to provide a holistic view of the user experience.
With the acquisition of LogNormal (see release SOASTA Acquires Real User Measurement Company), SOASTA is now providing a free version of mPulse when you register at http://info.soasta.com/freerum.html. Join Lognormal co-founders Buddy Brewer and Phil Tellis at their Velocity Europe Conference presentation “The 3.5s Dash For Attention and Other Stuff We Found in RUM” on Wednesday October 3rd at 11:20 PM GMT
SOASTA is the leader in cloud testing. The company’s CloudTest products and services leverage the power of cloud computing to quickly and affordably test consumer-facing Web and mobile apps at scale, providing customers with the confidence that their business-critical Web apps will be reliable and scalable, even under extreme loads. SOASTA’s customers include many of today’s most successful brands, including American Girl, Chegg, Gilt Groupe, Hallmark, Intuit, Microsoft and Netflix. SOASTA is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information about SOASTA, please visit www.soasta.com.
SOASTA is a registered trademark of SOASTA, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.