--()--American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA):
“Digital CPA: 2012 CPA2Biz Cloud User Conference”
What: CPA2Biz, the technology subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, is sponsoring “Digital CPA: 2012 CPA2Biz Cloud User Conference,” an event that will examine ways accounting firms can tap cloud-based services to help their clients make quicker, better-informed business decisions. CPAs who move to the cloud can boost their productivity and offer higher-margin work such as outsourced CFO and controller services.
When: Oct. 28-30, 2012
Where: The Gaylord National Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Who: Thought leaders, key service providers and firm representatives from the cloud accounting sphere, including:
- Geoffrey Moore, author of the business bestseller “Crossing the Chasm,” is a keynoter and will deliver results of research he’s conducted on the coming digital revolution in the profession.
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, president and CEO of the AICPA, will talk about technology and how it ties into trends within accounting.
- George Will, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and the country’s most widely read political columnist, will provide commentary on the presidential race and potential outcomes on the U.S. business climate.
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA2Biz, will talk about building Digital CPA practices from the ground up.
- Numerous experts from firms that are already using cloud solutions to expand their business, broaden their geographic reach and serve clients better.
CPA2Biz, a subsidiary of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, provides best-in-class marketing and technology services to support accounting professionals throughout the U.S. Its Trusted Business Advisor solutions are web-based tools that enable small- and mid-size accounting firms to build more collaborative and strategic relationships with their business clients or employers. For more information, visit www.cpa2biz.com, the leading e-commerce site for the accounting profession.
About the AICPA
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is the world’s largest member association representing the accounting profession, with nearly 386,000 members in 128 countries and a 125-year heritage of serving the public interest. AICPA members represent many areas of practice, including business and industry, public practice, government, education and consulting.
The AICPA sets ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies, nonprofit organizations, federal, state and local governments. It develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination and offers specialty credentials for CPAs who concentrate on personal financial planning; fraud and forensics; business valuation; and information technology. Through a joint venture with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), it has established the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation to elevate management accounting globally.
The AICPA maintains offices in New York, Washington, DC, Durham, NC, and Ewing, NJ.
Media representatives are invited to visit the AICPA Press Center at aicpa.org/press.