SAN DIEGO--(cloud-based medical information exchange technology. Version 1.3 includes a zero-download browser-based clinical viewer, and several new features and workflow enhancements.)--eMix™, a business venture incubated by DR Systems, announced a new version of its
New features include:
- Improved image viewing for clinical review. A “View Now” button gives users quick access to images, utilizing the Adobe Flash-based viewer. The viewer includes an extensive set of image-viewing tools.
- Added password security. Version 1.3 gives a facility’s eMix administrator added abilities to set password rules that enhance cloud security.
- Exam storage throughout local network. Users can now select any location on their network as their image repository, including an encrypted drive for added security of patient health information.
- Greater control of package access. Checkboxes in the Send Package dialog include “Preview only,” “Download,” and “Forward.” Users can also set a default for any of these options.
The new version of eMix also has several workflow enhancements. These include an improved address book format and the ability to edit study descriptions.
eMix is a vendor-neutral, cloud-based medical information exchange service for sharing patient exam images, reports and other medical information. The secure service is as easy to use as email and can transfer files in minutes, replacing such methods as CDs and virtual private networks (VPNs).
*eMix Administrative User Training Schedule (for eMix administrators and Power Users). To sign up for an upcoming session, click here.
*eMix General User Training Schedule. To sign up for an upcoming session, click here.
* Interview with Amy Radonich of UCSD Health on Cloud-based Medical Information Exchange
Electronic Medical Information Exchange (eMix) is a business venture incubated by DR Systems. Its cloud-based technology was developed for sharing medical imaging studies and reports between disparate healthcare facilities and physicians with the speed and simplicity of email.
For more information, visit www.eMix.com or call 877-EMIX-MED (877-364-9633).
About DR Systems, Inc.
DR Systems is the leading independent provider of enterprise imaging and information management systems for integrated healthcare networks, hospitals, and diagnostic imaging centers. Over two decades, the company has helped more than 600 hospitals and imaging centers lower their cost of operation by improving management of patient information, eliminating ancillary IT systems and interfaces, and increasing workflow speed, while also providing better clinical quality and patient care.
For more information, call 800-794-5955 or visit www.drsys.com.