SAN FRANCISCO--(BAMM.tv, a global content creation and distribution network that connects talented, emerging bands with audiences around the world through live HD video music performances, today announced the availability of its free music discovery iPad app. BAMM.tv’s app is accessible anywhere in the world where the Apple App Store is available.)--
“The intrinsic interactivity of the app encourages engagement and, in return, it will reward you for the effort. BAMM.tv was built to introduce music fans to a vast library of professional-quality content that is not encumbered by the major label licensing system.”
“Independent music is no longer a niche,” Chris Hansen, CEO and co-founder of BAMM.tv, said. “We began the business because of our experiences as musicians who had to deal with an incredibly challenging environment in the music industry. We set out to prove that there’s a better way to do things, that there is a huge opportunity in creating straightforward and transparent agreements with independent artists that bypass the major label system. Our iPad app is BAMM.tv’s introduction to music fans, as well as an expression of our fundamentally different approach to the business of music.”
This visually stunning app is an intuitive, engaging, rich media environment that combines the raw energy of your favorite live music venue with the sophistication of professional quality HD music video content. Top features of the BAMM.tv iPad app include:
- Photo-realistic Virtual Venue: Navigate intuitively through the BAMM.tv user interface by progressing from the outside alleyway, to the lobby and into the auditorium.
- Uninterrupted Experience: As you are listening to the music, you can also watch live HD videos, learn about the bands, engage with the musicians using social media, view tour schedules and purchase tickets to upcoming shows. The app is powered by Apple’s video player, enabling AirPlay for seamless integration with AirPort Express-connected speakers and Apple TV to stream entire playlists directly to your TV.
- Globally Accessible: Unlike other music streaming apps, the BAMM.tv library is available without restriction, anywhere in the world.
- Authentic & Absorbing Discovery: Explore the app on your terms – lean back and watch curated playlists of HD videos, or embark upon a musical journey through the venue to unlock premium content and features, as members of the BAMM.tv staff help you discover great new music.
- Storytelling: With an emphasis on the stories behind the music, the app features artist bios, liner notes, blogs, interviews and other context to the music, as well as tour schedules and social media portals connecting BAMM.tv bands with new fans.
- Community Engagement through Integrated Gamification: Active users unlock exclusive content and are rewarded for creating custom playlists, sharing on Facebook and showing some love to the bands.
BAMM.tv’s 100 percent free, exclusive music content is not only a great way to discover new music, but also extremely beneficial to artists due to BAMM.tv’s fresh approach to music licensing in a digital era. BAMM.tv’s contractual terms are straightforward and transparent for artists, and provide a clear path to monetization. For example, the “Artist of the Month” program awards musicians a recurring $1,000 cash prize. BAMM.tv splits the company’s net profits with its artists on a 50/50 basis. Bands currently found on the app include Wallpaper, Geographer, The Stone Foxes, Mirah, Ana Tijoux, and many more in genres such as rock, indie, party, Latin and folk.
“The app is a real innovation in user experience and is unrivaled in its ability to communicate knowledge about the bands without breaking the user’s experience,” Nick Hansen, president and co-founder of BAMM.tv, said. “The intrinsic interactivity of the app encourages engagement and, in return, it will reward you for the effort. BAMM.tv was built to introduce music fans to a vast library of professional-quality content that is not encumbered by the major label licensing system.”
The inclusion of BAMM.tv’s gamification framework is the latest example of the increased importance mobile technology plays in music discovery and sharing. The app’s gamification framework, produced by Badgeville’s leading gamification platform, allows users to become community experts on their favorite music. The community grows through social engagement as users are incentivized to share their favorite content with friends via social media.
“BAMM.tv is part of a new generation of innovative companies that understand the importance of rewarding their audience for engaging directly with their product,” said Kris Duggan, CEO of Badgeville. "We are thrilled to be the gamification platform selected to power BAMM.tv's modern gamification program enabling users to unlock exclusive content and earn status in the community natively within the iPad application experience."
The BAMM.tv iPad app is available to download for free via the App Store anywhere on the world. It is written in native iOS and is compatible with all versions of iPad. You can download the app here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bamm.tv/id563287602?ls=1&mt=8.
BAMM.tv curates, produces and distributes broadcast-quality live performance video content from emerging music artists and indie labels through a global network of world-class distribution partners. Built by musicians who have dealt with the music industry’s hurdles themselves, BAMM.tv takes a fresh and transparent approach to music industry licensing that puts the promotion and development of artists at the center. BAMM.tv’s “content creation factory” employs a highly efficient process for producing, distributing and monetizing content for mobile apps, TV and the Web. BAMM.tv provides HD video and audio production at no cost to the artist in exchange for global distribution rights to the content. Net profits are split 50/50 with the artist. BAMM.tv has several monetization business models via a global network of distribution partners (including Samsung, Mozilla, Chunghwa Telecom and many others). To date, BAMM.tv has 12 distribution partnerships reaching 150 countries. BAMM.tv was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with a subsidiary in London. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit http://bamm.tv/.
Resources & Community