WILLEMSTAD, Curaçao--(Curaçao has it all. Noted as one of the “Top five off-peak destinations for Fall 2012” by USA Today, Curaçao boasts a moderate temperature around 80 degrees all year long, perfect for touching up those fading tans.)--Warm up your winter in Curaçao! As summer fades into fall and the temperature drops, it’s time to start thinking about your Fall and Winter vacations. Whether you want an action packed adventure, a family-friendly destination, or you’re looking for a romantic, luxury break filled with days lounging on beaches and evenings sampling culinary delights – the Caribbean island of
“Top five off-peak destinations for Fall 2012”
Curaçao is now more accessible than ever. Over 30 flights a week depart from Miami International Airport (MIA) with a daily service offered by Dutch Antilles Express (DAE), Insel Air and American Airlines. In addition, Insel Air offers a weekly nonstop service from Charlotte, NC and United flies nonstop from Newark, NJ to the island.
It’s easy to get to Curaçao, but what can the island offer once you’re there?
- Curaçao loves kids and it’s never been more affordable to travel with the family! Kids fly free between now and December 15th on Dutch Antilles Express. For each adult ticket purchased, one child under 12 flies for free. Reservations must be made before Nov. 30, 2012.
- Curaçao’s Dolphin Academy gives families the opportunity to swim, snorkel and dive with these fascinating creatures in a stunning location. For the real fanatics, the Dolphin Academy offers the chance to become a dolphin trainer.
- For those who like their fun on-land, Curaçao’s Ostrich Farm is not only one of the biggest farms in the Caribbean, but it’s one of the biggest Ostrich farms outside of Africa! Families can take a guided tour around the farm and find out all there is to know about these magnificent birds, hold an Ostrich egg and for the more adventurous, ride one of the birds.
- Curaçao is known as a world-class diving and snorkel destination, boasting more than 60 dive sites and spectacular snorkeling. More than 500 species of exotic fish call the waters surrounding Curaçao home. Curaçao was chosen as a top 3 location for 'Best Snorkeling', 'Best Shore Diving' and 'Best Macro Marine Life' by the readers of Scuba Diving Magazine in their 2012 Reader's Choice Awards.
- In recent months Curaçao has become best known as the destination where ABC filmed the final two episodes of season 8 of the television series, The Bachelorette. Vacationers looking for a romantic vacation of their own can retrace the reality stars’ steps at the luxurious Kura Hulanda resort with the “Bachelorette Packages”.
- Tired of turkey? Curaçao is a culinary heaven with a wide variety of sidewalk cafés, gourmet restaurants offering international dishes and local eateries influenced by a melting pot of more than 55 different nationalities. From fresh fish to fine dining, gumbo to the grill, fuel your inner foodie in Curaçao.
For Music Lovers:
- Curaçao’s annual North Sea Jazz Festival already took place this year, but Curaçao remains to be the ideal location for music lovers with its cultural diversity, location just 35 miles off the coast of Venezuela and just a 2.5 hour flight from Miami. After dark things really heat up in the island with a wide range of night-clubs and beach bars playing an eclectic mix of music not to mention the locals jamming in the streets of the islands capital Willemstad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Electronic music fans won’t want to miss the ParadiseWorld Destination Music Festival, an electronic dance music fest set for Dec. 15, 2012. Or consider ringing in the New Year in Curaçao during the Amnesia Music Festival, kicking off at midnight on January 1st, 2013.
For Deal Seekers:
- Frugal travelers will find great deals on the island of Curaçao. Choose from hotel savings, dive deals and discount attraction tickets at www.curacao.com/deals through December 15, 2012.
Accommodations on Curaçao range from fun, full-service beachfront resorts perfect for families to romantic, secluded oceanfront villas and bungalows. The island welcomes you with an attractive assortment of accommodations to fit any travel budget, so if the thought of shorter days and dropping temperatures has you dreaming of your next vacation destination visit www.curacao.com for more details.
To find out more about Curaçao and to request a FREE Curaçao information package click here.
Selected as a ‘Top Destination 2012’ by Frommer’s, one of the ‘5 Caribbean Islands to Discover Now’ by Budget Travel and a top three ‘2012 Honeymoon Hot Spot’ by Condé Nast Traveler, Curaçao is a unique Caribbean island paradise, boasting 35 uncrowded beaches, and an eclectic mix of history and culture. Explore the vibrant, culturally diverse capital city of Willemstad – a UNESCO World Heritage site – with its distinctive architecture, museums, monuments and world-class shopping. Indulge in Curaçao’s vast selection of flavorful restaurants, with a mix of sophisticated international and tasty local cuisines. Discover Curaçao’s abundant natural beauty, pristine dive sites and spectacular snorkeling at secluded beaches – including Cas Abao Beach, selected as one of the ‘Top 10 Beach Destinations for 2011’ by SmarterTravel. Curaçao offers idyllic weather, situated outside of the Hurricane Belt. To learn more about the island of Curaçao visit Curaçao.com.