BARCELONA, Spain--(Aternity Inc., the industry’s leader in end user experience management solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises, announced today full support for the VMware Branch Office Desktop. Aternity together with VMware delivers customers the comprehensive visibility into how virtual desktop and remote workstation users are experiencing critical application performance, while proactively detecting when performance degradations occur. With nearly 11 million branch offices distributed across the globe and up to 80 percent of all employees working outside of their company’s primary headquarters or main business officers, the integration provides the real-time analytics to minimize the IT and Help Desk resources required to support each remote office.)--
“Understanding the real end-user experience is a key measurement we needed in order to help these branch users have efficient access to information technology. With VMware’s latest branch office technology and Aternity’s end user experience management solution, branch offices are able to have optimal quality of service (QoS).”
“The VMware Branch Office Desktop provides a comprehensive approach to addressing multiple requirements within the branch, enabling employees to have fast and secure access to the applications and data they need to maximize productivity,” said Mason Uyeda, director, Technical and Solutions Marketing, End User Computing, VMware. “Understanding the real end-user experience is a key measurement we needed in order to help these branch users have efficient access to information technology. With VMware’s latest branch office technology and Aternity’s end user experience management solution, branch offices are able to have optimal quality of service (QoS).”
Aternity’s Frontline Performance Intelligence (FPI) Platform for the VMware Branch Office Desktop uniquely provides:
- Ubiquitous Application Coverage for performance monitoring of packaged and/or custom Thick Client, Web/HTTP, Rich Internet (RIA), Java and .NET applications running in a virtualized desktop environment.
- Comprehensive Performance Metrics for every business transaction running in a virtualized environment, including end-to-end transaction time, infrastructure response time and display protocol latency, from the end users’ perspective. This translates into the ability to capture application performance metrics associated with each VDI session, while identifying relationships between users, transactions, processes, brokers, and hypervisors.
- Application Usage and User Productivity for gaining in-depth insight into end user application usage, usability, and quality of service, as well as user productivity.
- Advanced Real-time Analytics and Correlation of virtual desktops, VDI infrastructure, application, and user performance metrics. This enables preemptive problem detection and probable cause analysis across all three primary components of user experience. In addition, enterprises are able to immediately isolate impacted users and their associated virtualized desktops, while also being able to differentiate between the affected users and the affected service consumers.
“We are excited to bring this integration to market with VMware,” said Trevor Matz, president and CEO of Aternity. “Traditionally, desktop virtualization has represented a challenge for branch office and remote users, as those users often do not have optimal connectivity and sufficient bandwidth. By combining the power of VMware Branch Office Desktop and Aternity’s FPI Platform, customers and service providers now have the visibility they need to deliver optimal support for end users, providing them with a user-centric, proactive approach to managing the virtual desktop environment.”
Aternity is also a recognized leader for in-depth End User Activity Monitoring for Virtual Desktops. Earlier this year, Aternity announced support for Teradici’s PC-over-IP® (PCoIP®) protocol. By correlating PCoIP latency with the actual business transaction response times and the VM image’s health, Aternity and Teradici provide organizations with an in-depth understanding of application performance within the VMware View® environment, exactly as experienced by their users themselves. Learn more about this integration here.
Solution Availability and Pricing
Aternity’s FPI Platform for VMware Branch Office Desktop is available immediately. To learn more, email EUE4BOD@aternity.com.
Find the latest news about Aternity’s FPI Platform for physical, virtual, and mobile environments online:
- Desktop Virtualization Whitepaper
- Aternity for the VMware Branch Office Desktop
- Aternity for the VMware Branch Office DesktopHow-to Guide: The Aternity FPI Platform for the VMware Branch Office Desktop
- Aternity on Twitter
- Daily EndUserExperience2Day Newsletter
- Aternity Proof of Concept and Product Evaluation
Aternity redefines real end user experience management by delivering the industry’s first Frontline Performance Intelligence (FPI) Platform, effectively transforming every device – mobile, virtual, and physical – into a self-monitoring platform that is user experience aware. By arming organizations with user-centric, proactive IT management capabilities, the Aternity FPI Platform dramatically reduces business disruption and increases user productivity. With Aternity’s 360 degree view of end user experience, advanced analytics for preemptive problem detection and cause analysis, and right-time decision support capabilities, Global 1000 enterprises finally have the empirical evidence on how application performance and usage impacts business results, providing them with a path for constant improvement.
Aternity has received prestigious industry recognition from the American Business Awards, the International Business Awards, Best in Biz Awards, The Boston Business Journal, The Marker and NetworkWorld Magazine. The company was recently positioned by Gartner in the 2011 Visionary Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring and was recognized in Enterprise Management Associates’ 2012 Cloud Application Performance Management (APM) Radar Report™ as the top vendor providing an APM point solution earning EMA’s “Value Leader” distinction, while also being recognized as an APM elite vendor providing the market’s “Most Comprehensive Endpoint Diagnostics.”
To further evaluate how Aternity can bring winning performance to your frontline and to find out if you qualify for a free evaluation and proof of concept, visit www.aternity.com.
EndUserExperience2Day, sponsored by Aternity, is a freely available, award-winning news and blog portal that can be accessed at www.enduserexperience.info. Follow Aternity on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, recommend us on LinkedIn, join us on Google+, and see us on YouTube.
©2012 Aternity, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
VMware and VMware View are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.