STAMFORD, Conn.--(Frontier Secure products take the worry out of being online, offering Internet Security, Backup & Sharing, Premium U.S.-based Tech Support and Identity Protection. Protecting the Internet is important to us at home and work as well as to the public safety. We agree with the NCSA that if each of us does our part to stay safe online, the Internet will become a more secure environment.")--In connection with National Cyber Security Month, Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) has joined the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. campaign as a partner. This partnership is an outgrowth of Frontier’s focus on protecting our customers from cyber attacks. The NCSA and Frontier Secure are advising every computer user to STOP. THINK. CONNECT. to stay safe online. Kelly Morgan, Vice President at Frontier Communications agrees, adding, “Our
National Cyber Security Awareness Month is organized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NSCA) and focuses on the need for improving online safety and security for all Americans.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. encourages consumers to take time to evaluate their security of their computers, devices, and online safety practices.
NCSA recently released the results of a new survey that shows why Americans need to increase their efforts to make the Internet safer:
- A Safe Internet is Crucial to U.S. Economy: Ninety percent of Americans agree that a safe and secure Internet is crucial to our nation's economic security.
- The Internet is Vital to American Jobs: Fifty-nine percent say their job is dependent on a safe and secure Internet and 78 percent say losing Internet access for 48 consecutive hours would be disruptive with 33 percent saying it would be extremely disruptive.
- A Majority of Americans Do Not Feel Completely Safe Online: Ninety percent say they do not feel completely safe from computer viruses, malware and hackers while on the Internet.
- A Quarter of Americans Were Notified That Their Personal Data was Exposed to Potential Thieves in the Past Year: Over one in four (26 percent) received notification by a business, online service provider or organization that their personally identifiable information (e.g. password, credit card number, email address, etc.) was lost or compromised because of a data breach.
- Keep a Clean Machine.
- Protect Your Personal Information.
- Connect with Care.
- Be Web Wise.
- Be a Good Online Citizen.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR), is an S&P 500 company and is included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America's largest corporations. Frontier offers broadband, voice, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, entertainment services like TumTiki.com, data security solutions, bundled offerings and specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices and advanced business communications for medium and large businesses in 27 states. Frontier's approximately 15,300 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information is available at www.frontier.com.
About STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. ™ is the first-ever coordinated message to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online. The message was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, nonprofits and government organizations.
The Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG) and National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) led the effort to find a unified online safety message that could be adopted across public and private sectors.