SANTA CLARA, Calif.--()--Aurora Networks, Inc., the number one optical access solution provider for cable operators, today unveils new company initiatives to further exemplify how it is “Defining the Evolution” in cable at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, taking place October 17-19 in Orlando, Fl.
“As a dedicated cable play company in the industry, Aurora Networks is defining this evolution by delivering the right technology for the targeted problem. Operators need solutions that will allow them to future-proof their network and give them the competitive advantage needed to succeed in the market today and tomorrow.”
Cable operators are in various stages of evolving their existing HFC networks to an all-IP infrastructure. In an effort to meet the growing demand for advanced services, such as 3D, video on-demand, HD-quality content and over-the-top (OTT) video, cable operators are posed with challenges to overcome the capacity bottleneck that comes with these services. Aurora Networks helps operators overcome these network constraints and gradually adapt and prepare to capitalize on the new opportunities, while reducing capital costs and operational overhead. The company is “Defining the Evolution,” enabling operators to create an optical transport infrastructure and access network that will transition and evolve with their residential and commercial customers for years to come.
The first to introduce Universal Digital Return and Fiber Deep, to the industry’s first Node PON™ and Node QAM technology, Aurora Networks has been at the forefront of developing innovative solutions that enable cable operators to deliver the capacity, flexibility and services that their customers demand. From these past innovations, to future ones, Aurora Networks remains focused on delivering cost-effective, future-proof, targeted solutions that are defining the evolution to meet current and future needs for operators.
To learn how Aurora Networks is “Defining the Evolution” of cable and to see their products at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, visit them at booth #2335.
In addition, Ron Wolfe, senior director, global product strategy at Aurora Networks, will be presenting a paper, “Impact of Distributed RF Signal Generation on Edge Facilities in HFC Networks,” in the Smart Energy Management Initiative session, “The Kilowatts are coming! Act now or be overpowered,” scheduled for Thursday, October 18, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
What Aurora Networks Says
“Opportunities in cable are increasingly shifting, forcing the industry to evolve,” said John Dahlquist, vice president of marketing, Aurora Networks. “As a dedicated cable play company in the industry, Aurora Networks is defining this evolution by delivering the right technology for the targeted problem. Operators need solutions that will allow them to future-proof their network and give them the competitive advantage needed to succeed in the market today and tomorrow.”
Aurora Networks' Solutions at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo
- Multi-Service Access Technologies, including a live demo of its award-winning Node QAM, with the 158-channel system meeting the highest density requirements.
- Digital HFC Architecture as the optimal solution to address the growing trend of migration to IP.
- xPON Services for Urban and Rural Applications that pull together Aurora Networks’ Trident7® and RFPON solutions, making it a complete solution for Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) deployments from headend to subscriber. Aurora Networks will also showcase the COLT and VHub™ technology for rural deployments and offer a Trident7 EMS demo to showcase the commercial services opportunities and value of the comprehensive platform.
- Universal Digital Return Platform as the industry’s first 5 to 85 MHz software-upgradeable platform, operators will learn how they can implement a digital return system that will support higher splits and different operating configurations, making it a very cost-effective solution.
- Segmentation offers the widest field-proven options, Aurora Networks will be showcasing its award-winning LcWDM®, full spectrum DWDM, and broadcast/narrowcast technologies along with its NC4000 and NC2000 node platforms – whatever the challenge the operator is looking to solve, Aurora Networks has the optimum segmentation solution.
About Aurora Networks
As the number one optical access solution provider for cable operators, Aurora Networks is dedicated to the evolution of the broadband industry by providing optimized solutions that enable operators to accommodate ever-growing capacity needs. Along with its superior customer service and support, Aurora Networks is delivering innovation for the future. To learn more about Aurora Networks’ core solutions, please call 408-235-7000 or visit www.aurora.com.
Aurora Networks, the Aurora Networks logo, LcWDM and Trident7 are registered trademarks and Node PON and VHub are trademarks of Aurora Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. DOCSIS is a mark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used here only for identification purposes.