SEATTLE--()--Notable entertainers ranging from actor Tom Skerritt to seminal rock musician Wayne Kramer will join Seattle’s own John Roderick and comedian John Hodgman (Daily Show, Bored to Death) as part of the Seattle Interactive Conference’s (SIC) brand-new Entertainment Track. Taking place October 29-30 at The Conference Center at Washington State Convention Center, SIC will also host off-site musical events each evening, rounding out a stellar lineup of talent from day into night. The evening shows include a DJ lineup with recent National Party DJ Champion/Red Bull Thre3style, Four Color Zack and many more exciting musicians and entertainers.
Adding to engaging presentations on emerging technology led by industry experts, this year’s SIC will showcase music, film and entertainment as it permeates every aspect of these cultures. These will include panels and participants such as:
- A Note to the Music Industry with Alex Kochan (AEG Live), Joe Rodriguez (DIY Media), Maggie Vail (CASH Music), and moderated by longtime Seattle-based music critic Gene Stout
- Game-Changers for Humanity with Wayne Kramer (MC5), Dave Dederer (Presidents of the United States of America), Lesley Mansford (Razoo.com), moderated by Ross Reynolds (KUOW)
- Film: Has video killed the television star? Tom Skerritt will join Carl Spence (Seattle International Film Festival), Scilla Andreen (Indieflix.com), and Erik Flannigan (Viacom Entertainment Group)
- Who Owns the Music with Rob Reid (Rhapsody), Joleen Hughes (Hughes Media Law Group) and Melinda Lee (Getty Images Music)
- John Roderick and Friends with Roderick, John Hodgman, Merlin Mann (independent writer), John Colton (musician) and Scott Simpson (writer)
- Digital News Panel: The Changing Game of News with Nancy Trott (Associated Press), Todd Bishop (GeekWire.com), Devin Coldewey (NBC Interactive and TechCrunch), Brier Dudley (Seattletimes.com), and David Bunnell (founder of PC Magazine, PC World, and Macworld)
For dates, times and full abstracts on each above panels, please visit www.seattleinteractive.com. The full lineup for the evening shows includes:
MONDAY, OCTOBER 29
John Roderick and Friends, featuring: John Hodgman (The Daily Show, Bored to Death), Merlin Mann, Jonathan Coulton, and Scott Simpson 8:30pm-11:00pm (Showbox at the Market: 1426 1st Ave.).
DJs Scene (Las Vegas, Rain at Palms Resident), Four Color Zack (National Party DJ Champion/Red Bull Thre3style) & NEIGHT1000 w/Special Edition Laptop Battle doors @ 8pm, Laptop Battle 8pm-9:30pm (Neumos: 925 East Pike Street).
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30
One More Time: A Daft Punk Tribute w/Sean Majors, Dowlz, and Kippy (More TBA) doors @ 9pm (Neumos: 925 East Pike Street).
About SIC 2012
The 2012 Seattle Interactive Conference (SIC) explores the theme of Game-Changers as it relates to the converging arenas of entertainment, online commerce, advertising, gaming, social media and so much more. SIC is an opportunity to interface with the people and companies of today and the entrepreneurs that will define tomorrow. The Seattle Interactive Conference takes place Monday, October 29-Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at The Conference Center at WSCC (Washington State Convention Center). Hours are: Monday, Doors at 8am, Speakers 9am-5pm/ Tuesday, Doors at 8am, Speakers 9am-4pm, not including after-hours networking events.