REDMOND, Wash.--()--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Mario Golf™ – The stakes are high in the race to become the Grand Champion of golf. Four Club Champs stand in your way, and you’ll have to defeat them all to get a shot at playing the most famous golfer in the land. (For Nintendo 3DS™)
- LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ (demo version) – Embark on a heroic quest to destroy the One Ring and relive the epic events of The Lord of the Rings motion picture trilogy, all with the humor and excitement of LEGO play. (For Nintendo 3DS)
- Meat or Die: Helena – The newest episode of Meat or Die, the hilarious hit series from Nintendo Video, premieres Oct. 12. Don’t miss Yans & Gans as they employ a mysterious force in their never-ending (and never-successful) quest for meat. (For Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo eShop + Nintendo DSiWare™
- Robot Rescue 2 – Your mission is to navigate a cadre of codependent robots through an evil computer labyrinth that's brimming with deadly traps. At certain points you’ll need to repaint your robots by stepping on a special tile in order to change their color. (Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)
- Spirit Hunters Inc. Videos – During the next few weeks, a series of videos in the Nintendo eShop will give players a special look at Spirit Hunters Inc. This week, learn how Nic uses his Shadow abilities in a battle, and catch the first installment of the “How to Play” series. These videos will get you ready to hunt the ghostly spirits all around you. (For Nintendo 3DS)
Also new this week:
- Crazy Kangaroo (Nintendo eShop)
- Nurikabe by Nikoli (Nintendo eShop)
- THE LAST BLADE 2 (Virtual Console™ for Wii™)
To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download1t1T4N9H.php
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™/Nintendo 3DS XL system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or email@example.com. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.