CHICAGO--(NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the Food & Drug Administration 510(k) market clearance of the 21.3-inch MultiSync® MD211G3 medical diagnostic display for the displaying and viewing of digital mammography images for diagnosis by trained physicians.)--
“MultiSync MD Series displays are designed specifically for use in healthcare applications where reliable screen uniformity is required to be productive in diagnostic imaging and mammography.”
This 3-megapixel medical diagnostic display was created for medical imaging and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) in hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare facilities. The MD211G3 is factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance and includes a front sensor to maintain a calibrated brightness and an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on existing lighting conditions. The DVI-D and DisplayPort connectors for video and two-port USB hub enable connectivity for any type of workstation.
“The FDA clearance of the MD211G3 is yet another tribute to NEC’s dedication in advancing the medical display market,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “MultiSync MD Series displays are designed specifically for use in healthcare applications where reliable screen uniformity is required to be productive in diagnostic imaging and mammography.”
A partial list of features included in the MD211G3 is as follows:
- 21.3-inch IPS panel
- Factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 2048 x 1536 native resolution
- 1450 cd/m² brightness (400 cd/m² calibrated)
- Digital uniformity correction reduces screen uniformity errors and compensates for differences in grayscale and luminance across the entire screen
- Small, built-in front sensor constantly monitors calibration and corrects for fluctuations of light output, maintaining the factory calibration throughout the life of the monitor
- GammaCompMD™ QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance testing to the DICOM standard
- 15.5-bit internal lookup table (LUT) provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs and two-port USB hub
- 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (97.3mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MD211G3 is available at an estimated street price of $4,699. The display ships with a 5-years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.