SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(http://www.cac-group.com), a leading customer marketing solutions firm, today announced the launch of Silhouettes3DTM (http://www.cac-group.com/silhouettes/#.UHnj5bR8zzI), a breakthrough enhancement to its proprietary Silhouettes segmentation. Designed to address increasingly complex customer and channel dynamics, Silhouettes3DTM is the first household-level segmentation to directly incorporate consumer needs, attitudes, and channel behaviors into modeling technology and segmentation techniques. The resulting output is 58 categories of US consumers defined by attributes most relevant to marketers, including:)--CAC Group (
“In today’s challenging business environment, marketers face increasing pressure to drive sales growth and differentiation while safeguarding brand integrity”
- Geography: consumers are influenced by where they live – whether one of the most affluent ZIP Codes, college towns, capitals, urban, suburban, small town, county seat, and rural America.
- Lifestage: consumer needs, behaviors, and attitudes are heavily drawn from their state in life: parents, couples, singles, across all age spectrums.
- Wealth and Income: the ability and desire to purchase is a key driver of consumer behaviors. Insights drawn from household and neighborhood wealth analysis, adjusted for local markets, result in relevant targeting.
- Lifestyle: the leisure pursuits of consumers can drive the need, attitude, or interest in the types of products they purchase and the ways they interact socially.
- Consumer Buying Style: a reflection of the dominant influencers of their shopping choices, including impulse, environment, retail therapy, price, and brand loyalty. Price Sensitivity and Brand Loyalty indicators are available for a more in-depth understanding of these influences.
- Shopping Channel: the extent to which a consumer utilizes online shopping channels or needs personal experience via retail location or sales person.
- Digital Engagement: how much a consumer is consumed with the digital and mobile world – their time, their devices, their knowledge – which provides insight for marketers’ digital strategy.
- Social Influence: how much time and energy does a consumer spend in social media, to research and share their lives with others.
Silhouettes3DTM achieves this level of differentiation by integrating data from multiple sources including household level demographic, lifestyle, and self-reported behaviors as well as the most comprehensive 2010 Census data compilation. Its power is further amplified by insights gleaned from Gfk MRI’s premier consumer database and CAC Group’s industry-leading predictive modeling, marketing, and analytic capabilities.
Silhouettes3DTM’s uniquely granular, 360 degree view of a wide range of specific consumer segments enables significantly more precise and strategic customer targeting, budget allocation, program design, message versioning, channel distribution strategies and coordination of online and offline execution.
For example, Silhouettes3DTM contains two categories of retired, affluent Americans who like to drive a particular brand of automobile. However, this is where the similarities end as one group is environmentally conscious, dislikes social media and prefers traditional news sources while the other is internet savvy and heavily active in social networking. With this depth of customer intelligence, the automaker is better positioned to optimize sales by investing resources into focused campaigns that align with the mindset and behaviors of these distinct subgroups rather than resorting to the traditional age/income based approach that is unlikely to resonate with all members of the target audience.
“In today’s challenging business environment, marketers face increasing pressure to drive sales growth and differentiation while safeguarding brand integrity,” said Brad Rukstales, President and CEO, CAC Group. “By empowering marketers to target the right person with the right message through the right channel, Silhouettes3DTM can play a critical role in maximizing high potential as well as underleveraged opportunities, decreasing overall cost per sale and mitigating the negative brand impact of talking to very different consumers in the same voice.”
About CAC Group
For over a decade, CAC Group has been a customer marketing solutions firm on a mission to empower clients with the data, insights and platforms to maximize the value of their most important asset. Today, CAC Group leverages its extensive suite of innovative, proprietary methodologies to deliver the integrated intelligence required to build and sustain profitable and measurable customer intimacy. For more information, please visit http://www.cac-group.com.