WHAT: The 2012 OpenSAF European Symposium (co-located with LinuxCon Europe) is a one-day technical conference for the open source, high availability (HA) middleware community. The symposium will educate attendees about current best practices for implementing OpenSAF architecture into a diverse set of platforms and will share how OpenSAF solutions can impact the bottom line. A variety of conference sessions will be offered at the event, led by developers and architects involved with HA at industry-leading companies.
Event sessions include:
- What is the Status of OpenSAF Today? - This presentation will kick off the symposium with an overview of OpenSAF’s past, present and future activities and milestones, including contributions from the OpenSAF Foundation and OpenSAF Project.
- Introduction to OpenSAF Project - In this session, the OpenSAF project structures will be discussed, including the work of the OpenSAF Technical Leadership Council, processes for developing releases and new OpenSAF developments.
- OpenSAF Architecture - This presentation will explore the various services of OpenSAF and how they link to the SA Forum specifications. The session will also discuss the key points and advantages of OpenSAF, and how it compares with other HA Middleware solutions.
- Application Integration and Management - In this session, attendees will learn the tried and tested approaches of integrating and managing applications that allow OpenSAF-based services to deliver on the promise of service level guarantees.
- OpenSAF Demonstration in an Embedded Environment - This demonstration will show how an AIS-aware service can be made highly available by the use of the OpenSAF framework and services.
- System Integration, Best Practices and Known Pitfalls – This session will discuss what you should think about when deploying OpenSAF, how to set up the redundant hardware and how to successfully manage the system over time.
- The Future of OpenSAF and You - The symposium will conclude with this interactive session where participants can contribute with ideas and thoughts around the project and where OpenSAF should go in the future.
For the full agenda, please visit the OpenSAF website.
WHERE: Hotel Fira Palace, Barcelona, Spain.
WHEN: November 8, 2012
WHO: Developers, users, adopters, product managers, engineering managers and engineering students will all benefit from attending the 2012 OpenSAF European Symposium. The Symposium is hosted by OpenSAF, co-located with LinuxCon and sponsored by SCOPE Alliance.
REGISTER: To register for the OpenSAF European Symposium, please visit the OpenSAF European Symposium webpage. Members of the media and analyst communities can email attendance inquiries to email@example.com.
OpenSAF™ is an open source project focused on Service Availability (SA) that goes beyond High Availability (HA) requirements. The goal of the OpenSAF project is to develop middleware based on open and industry standard interfaces for applications requiring uninterrupted 24x7 service. OpenSAF is actively supported by leading companies in the communications and enterprise computing industries and is focused on becoming the premier SA solution for commercial products and converged applications for all markets.
OpenSAF™ is a trademark of the OpenSAF Foundation.